How to launch Device Manager

Ralph

Is it possible to launch the Device Manager without going through My
Computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager?
I want to detect my modem after I have booted up and then turned the modem
on.
TIA.

Start|Run|devmgmt.msc

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Ralph wrote:

> Is it possible to launch the Device Manager without going through My
> Computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager?
> I want to detect my modem after I have booted up and then turned the modem
> on.

Not quite sure how you mean this (whether it means you don't want to
use the mouse, open up the desktop etc) but fwiw you can get direct
access to Device Manager by holding down the <Windows> key and
pressing <pause> which will bring up a "System Properties" window.
Open the <Hardware> tab and select <Device Manager>.

Ralph

Thanks Dave. I created a shortcut to that file from my desktop. Works great.

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> Start|Run|devmgmt.msc
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Ralph" wrote:
> | Is it possible to launch the Device Manager without going through My
> | Computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager?
> | I want to detect my modem after I have booted up and then turned the
modem
> | on.
> | TIA.

You're welcome.

--

"Ralph" wrote:
| Thanks Dave. I created a shortcut to that file from my desktop. Works
great.

TRENDING THREADS