I had to slave my old hard drive that contains MS Office. I lost my
installation disks and can not install on my XP system. When I try to access
Excel for example I get the following errors: #1 Error occured inititalizing
VBA Libraries #2 Excel is not installed for this user plese run setup to
install the application.

I am fairly novice and have no idea what to do. Help?

I understand you to say that the slave drive was once the primary drive and
that the computer was then running ME. Further, that you installed Office
onto the ME system. Now you have put a new hard drive into the computer and
installed XP so that now it is an XP computer. Right so far?

If this is what you have, then you would have to reinstall Office on the XP
system (regardless of where the program files are written) because Office
will not run until properly set up. For one thing, there needs to be
hundreds of entries in the Registry that can only get there during an
installation. Of course there is no issue with data files you made with
Office, but Office does not now exist on your system as a program. In
short, Office will not run the way your system is set up.

Without knowing what version of Office you have, I cannot say if there is a
disk replacement option for you. You would need proof of purchase in any
case. If you cannot find the installation disks, you may have to purchase a
currently available version of Office or purchase an older version on eBay.
If this is beyond your means, you might consider trying OpenOffice to see if
it can load your files. You can Google for OpenOffice.

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
| I understand you to say that the slave drive was once the primary
| drive and that the computer was then running ME. Further, that you
| installed Office onto the ME system. Now you have put a new hard
| drive into the computer and installed XP so that now it is an XP
| computer. Right so far?
|
| If this is what you have, then you would have to reinstall Office on
| the XP system (regardless of where the program files are written)
| because Office will not run until properly set up. For one thing,
| there needs to be hundreds of entries in the Registry that can only
| get there during an installation. Of course there is no issue with
| data files you made with Office, but Office does not now exist on
| your system as a program. In short, Office will not run the way your
| system is set up.
|
| Without knowing what version of Office you have, I cannot say if
| there is a disk replacement option for you. You would need proof of
| purchase in any case. If you cannot find the installation disks, you
| may have to purchase a currently available version of Office or
| purchase an older version on eBay. If this is beyond your means, you
| might consider trying OpenOffice to see if it can load your files.
| You can Google for OpenOffice.
|
|| I had to slave my old hard drive that contains MS Office. I lost my
|| installation disks and can not install on my XP system. When I try
|| to access
|| Excel for example I get the following errors: #1 Error occured
|| inititalizing
|| VBA Libraries #2 Excel is not installed for this user plese run
|| setup to install the application.
|| I am fairly novice and have no idea what to do. Help?

cut and paste from OP
I lost my installation disks and can not install on my XP system.
Do you read the posts or just try for a big Number.

I am aware he lost his disks. That's why I said "Without knowing what

"BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> | I understand you to say that the slave drive was once the primary
> | drive and that the computer was then running ME. Further, that you
> | installed Office onto the ME system. Now you have put a new hard
> | drive into the computer and installed XP so that now it is an XP
> | computer. Right so far?
> |
> | If this is what you have, then you would have to reinstall Office on
> | the XP system (regardless of where the program files are written)
> | because Office will not run until properly set up. For one thing,
> | there needs to be hundreds of entries in the Registry that can only
> | get there during an installation. Of course there is no issue with
> | data files you made with Office, but Office does not now exist on
> | your system as a program. In short, Office will not run the way your
> | system is set up.
> |
> | Without knowing what version of Office you have, I cannot say if
> | there is a disk replacement option for you. You would need proof of
> | purchase in any case. If you cannot find the installation disks, you
> | may have to purchase a currently available version of Office or
> | purchase an older version on eBay. If this is beyond your means, you
> | might consider trying OpenOffice to see if it can load your files.
> | You can Google for OpenOffice.
> |
> || I had to slave my old hard drive that contains MS Office. I lost my
> || installation disks and can not install on my XP system. When I try
> || to access
> || Excel for example I get the following errors: #1 Error occured
> || inititalizing
> || VBA Libraries #2 Excel is not installed for this user plese run
> || setup to install the application.
> || I am fairly novice and have no idea what to do. Help?
>
> cut and paste from OP
> I lost my installation disks and can not install on my XP system.
> Do you read the posts or just try for a big Number.

Bugs, jump back down in your hole and have a few more carrots! Colin more
than read the post, as he also stated he didn't know if "A REPLACMENT OPTION
WAS AVAILABLE" for his version - but whether the OP has the CD's or not, the
OP "WILL NOT GET OFFICE TO WORK WITHOUT REINSTALLING INTO XP" - got it?

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> | I understand you to say that the slave drive was once the primary
> | drive and that the computer was then running ME. Further, that you
> | installed Office onto the ME system. Now you have put a new hard
> | drive into the computer and installed XP so that now it is an XP
> | computer. Right so far?
> |
> | If this is what you have, then you would have to reinstall Office on
> | the XP system (regardless of where the program files are written)
> | because Office will not run until properly set up. For one thing,
> | there needs to be hundreds of entries in the Registry that can only
> | get there during an installation. Of course there is no issue with
> | data files you made with Office, but Office does not now exist on
> | your system as a program. In short, Office will not run the way your
> | system is set up.
> |
> | Without knowing what version of Office you have, I cannot say if
> | there is a disk replacement option for you. You would need proof of
> | purchase in any case. If you cannot find the installation disks, you
> | may have to purchase a currently available version of Office or
> | purchase an older version on eBay. If this is beyond your means, you
> | might consider trying OpenOffice to see if it can load your files.
> | You can Google for OpenOffice.
> |
> || I had to slave my old hard drive that contains MS Office. I lost my
> || installation disks and can not install on my XP system. When I try
> || to access
> || Excel for example I get the following errors: #1 Error occured
> || inititalizing
> || VBA Libraries #2 Excel is not installed for this user plese run
> || setup to install the application.
> || I am fairly novice and have no idea what to do. Help?
>
> cut and paste from OP
> I lost my installation disks and can not install on my XP system.
> Do you read the posts or just try for a big Number.

Thanks, Admiral of the Fleet. :)

"Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NOSPAM)@(SPAMNOT)hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:OVSyJZpKFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...