New build not booting...

Cunnar

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
I'm just powering on with just the PSU, Mobo, CPU, and RAM. I'm getting nothing but a little greenish light next to the 24-pin connection on the Mobo. No fan spins, no beeps (even when I tried with the RAM out).
Everything is plugged in fine, 24-pin, 4-pin, CPU fan.
I've tried with all the additional parts (Video card, HDD) plugged in as well.
I thought maybe it's the Mobo so I got another and tried it. Same thing, nothing at all but that little indicator light on the Mobo.
It's that the fan's not spinning at all (not even the little "start up" spin) that's getting me. I have access to try another of the same CPU tonight, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any insight before I tried.
Oh, I tested the power supply with a PSU tester and it checked out fine.
Thanks in advance.

braindancer

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
Just a few ideas...

Try reseating the ram/cpu/graphics card...

Are you sure you plugged in the headers the right way around for the power switch too? :D

kwilhelm

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
I have the same problem. I have led's lit up on the board but when i hit the power button, fans spin for a sec then nothing.

I have a new evga 680i
xfx 8800 GTX
E6400

and while I'm finding it hard to make heads or tails out of configuring the header pins. Is there anywhere I can find out how they go in correctly?

kwilhelm

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
I have the same problem. I have led's lit up on the board but when i hit the power button, fans spin for a sec then nothing.

I have a new evga 680i
xfx 8800 GTX
E6400

and while I'm finding it hard to make heads or tails out of configuring the header pins. Is there anywhere I can find out how they go in correctly?

kwilhelm

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007

I have a new evga 680i
xfx 8800 GTX
E6400

akhilles

Splendid
For evga 680i mobo, the PWRSW (power switch) & PWRLED (power light) locations are correct, but the polarity should be reversed. i.e. + = - & - = +
12.jpg

I don't think Evga has bothered to update their PDF manual.