xeni

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I just put together my brothers new computer

E6600
DS3 (F7)
4GB Patriot http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220144

I have the voltage setup in the bios properly to +4 (since 1.8v is default). Now the wierd thing is that initially it did recognize all 4 GB's but i went into the bios and turn on raid and disabled all the other none needed options like (CE1 and etc so i can overclock). Once i rebooted it would just freeze on the information screen where it would say "memory xxxxxxxxxx". So i went ahead and removed 1GB and it boots up fine without any problems. Anybody have any ideas?

mekender

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
well, could be a bad MBD or a bad stick of ram, try to replace one of the 3 you have installed with the one you pulled out and see if it will boot.... if that works, its not the ram. next try to rotate a ram chip over to the slot that you pulled the original ram out of to make sure that slot works...

i suspect that some where in this mix, youll find that it was either the ram or the board.... also try running the ram at 1.8v and increasing the voltage to 1.9, 2.0, etc.... your ram might say 2.2 on it, but might not like the full 2.2... somewhere youll find a sweet spot... with 4 sticks, you might even have to go to 2.3