Poor Resolution after reinstallation of Windows 2000

AlexC

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2002

I did a clean reinstall of Windows 2000 Professional
because my system had become terminally slow. However,
no that the clean reinstall is complete, I can't seem to
set up a resolution other than 480 X 640. Do I need to
download a graphic driver? If so, what the standard
one?

thanks

"AlexC" wrote:
|I did a clean reinstall of Windows 2000 Professional
| because my system had become terminally slow. However,
| no that the clean reinstall is complete, I can't seem to
| set up a resolution other than 480 X 640. Do I need to
| download a graphic driver?
* Yes

If so, what the standard
| one?
* You currently have the "standard one" Check the hardware manufacturer's
web site for the latest Windows 2000 driver for your device.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

AlexC wrote:
> I did a clean reinstall of Windows 2000 Professional
> because my system had become terminally slow. However,
> no that the clean reinstall is complete, I can't seem to
> set up a resolution other than 480 X 640. Do I need to
> download a graphic driver? If so, what the standard
> one?
>
> thanks

Have you downloaded and installed the Win2K-specific video drivers
from your video adapter manufacturer's web site?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm