cghill

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I finally got my computer working (for those of you that saw my last post) but I have a new problem. My keyboard is being really strange. I have a Microsoft Keyboard with Fingerprint reader, and it periodically "restarts." Basically, I see all the lights flash (capslock, scroll lock and num lock) and the fingerprint reader flash (the same way it looks when it recieves a signal during POST), and whatever key I was pressing at the time stays locked down for a couple seconds. If I'm not pressing any keys then it just freezes for a couple seconds. As a result, my typing looks like "Hello theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere." It is extremely frustrating, especially since it has taken me 20 minutes just to type this small post. Has anybody has the same/similar problem. Thus far I have tried the keyboard in different usb slots, and I have reinstalled the drivers, but neither fixes the problem. Thanks for any help!

madmurph

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Sounds like a violation of the k.i.s.s. principle - so complex it's dysfunctional. Read some posts on NewEgg and lots of folks are having a myriad of probs with that keyboard, esp if you're running IE7 -- kb lag being one of them. I'd retreat back to simplicity and try a different kb with less bells and whistles, but that's just my humble opinion.