installation problem

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 11, 2004 7:02:51 PM

My hardrive crashed and I'm trying to re-install w2000
but it never gets past the screen that says it is
analyzing the computer configuration. I let it go for an
hour and then turned the computer off.

More about : installation problem

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 10:56:31 PM

To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
prompts.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]