Buy computer parts from Newegg outside the US

iiH3R3T1C

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Hi, I live in Mexico and I need a new PC. I tought buying from Newegg the parts and then build it myself here at home, the problem is that I've heard that you can't order anything from them if your IP adress does not belong to the US or if your credit card is not american. They only shipping to US adresses is not a problem since I have an aunt that lives in Texas who could bring me the parts from there.

Please help, what can I do? Does Amazon.com deliver worldwide? Because that could be my other option. Thanks.

Send your aunt the money and have her send them a check or money order to pay for the order after you order ( they allow you IIRC 10 days from the time the order is placed to receive the check and will ship it once the check clears the bank) and when you place the order just put it in her name and use her address as the shipping address and have her then either bring it or ship it to you. (the reason I suggest ordering it in her name is just in case anything needs to be sent back for RMA or warranty service.)

iiH3R3T1C

Distinguished
May 30, 2011

when you pay with a money order or with a check you don't need an american bank account? because I'm not sure if my aunt has one =/

You can buy a Money order with cash at most grocery stores or at the Post Office - if she does not have a bank account. They only cost about $1 - $2 depending on where you buy it. So you could place the order and in the checkout just select Check\Bill Pay under the payment options and click on the Pay by mail with check or money order (Just looked and it says they allow 7 days to receive the check ) - finish processing the order with Her shipping address and then send her the money and have her purchase the Money order and send it to the address they give you along with the purchase order # -- Once Newegg receives the check they'll then send the order to her home. (I've used that option a few times when something was on sale and the sale ended before my payday to buy a couple days to send the money in and still get the sale price !)