One Icon Superimposed on Other Desktop Icons

Ambrose

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2004

I am running W2K SP4. Recently after a OS crash my
desktop icons are scrambled. Specifically the HotSync
icon is superimposed on top of all non-default icons. I
have tried the processes in both Q132668 and Q216165
without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks - Ambrose

I am also seeing this problem on several newer model Dell laptops, it only
seems to happen on the laptops and only on the newer models.

"Ambrose" wrote:

> I am running W2K SP4. Recently after a OS crash my
> desktop icons are scrambled. Specifically the HotSync
> icon is superimposed on top of all non-default icons. I
> have tried the processes in both Q132668 and Q216165
> without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks - Ambrose

OK I found a fix you go in and delete the c:\winnt\shelliconcache file and
then log off and back on.