One Icon Superimposed on Other Desktop Icons

I am running W2K SP4. Recently after a OS crash my
desktop icons are scrambled. Specifically the HotSync
icon is superimposed on top of all non-default icons. I
have tried the processes in both Q132668 and Q216165
without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks - Ambrose
2 answers Last reply
More about icon superimposed desktop icons

    I am also seeing this problem on several newer model Dell laptops, it only
    seems to happen on the laptops and only on the newer models.

    "Ambrose" wrote:

    > I am running W2K SP4. Recently after a OS crash my
    > desktop icons are scrambled. Specifically the HotSync
    > icon is superimposed on top of all non-default icons. I
    > have tried the processes in both Q132668 and Q216165
    > without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks - Ambrose

    OK I found a fix you go in and delete the c:\winnt\shelliconcache file and
    then log off and back on.

    "Ambrose" wrote:

    > I am running W2K SP4. Recently after a OS crash my
    > desktop icons are scrambled. Specifically the HotSync
    > icon is superimposed on top of all non-default icons. I
    > have tried the processes in both Q132668 and Q216165
    > without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks - Ambrose

Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows