One Icon Superimposed on Other Desktop Icons

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 13, 2004 2:22:20 PM

I am running W2K SP4. Recently after a OS crash my
desktop icons are scrambled. Specifically the HotSync
icon is superimposed on top of all non-default icons. I
have tried the processes in both Q132668 and Q216165
without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks - Ambrose
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 9:57:01 AM

I am also seeing this problem on several newer model Dell laptops, it only
seems to happen on the laptops and only on the newer models.

"Ambrose" wrote:

> I am running W2K SP4. Recently after a OS crash my
> desktop icons are scrambled. Specifically the HotSync
> icon is superimposed on top of all non-default icons. I
> have tried the processes in both Q132668 and Q216165
> without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks - Ambrose

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 10:23:05 AM

OK I found a fix you go in and delete the c:\winnt\shelliconcache file and
then log off and back on.

!