Perfmormance monitor (Perfmon) scheduling

We are getting ready to do some capacity planning and I have a an issue with
perfmon.

There is apparently now way to do what I want so I am looking for
alternatives to accomplish the same end.

I wanted to use perfmon to run a counter for 1 minute once every 20 minutes.
Export the counter values to a csv in a central repository and then I could
DTS them into our SQL server database for analysis. Everything is working
great except you can't run perfmon from the command line with any types of
options (that I can find anyway). Since I can't run it with command line
options I can not think of a way to use scheduled tasks to kick the counter
off every 20 minutes.

I have to be missing something here. Microsoft still has to have a way I can
get snapshot data of my server performance on a preset schedule running for
a predefined amount of time...

All I need is to get the csv file out of the metrics I want I can handle
(and have) once I get this far. this scheduling thing is holding up the
works...

In short (I know too late...)

08:00 AM Perfmon launches and runs a counter for a 1 minute interval and
writes a csv file of the metrics
08:05 AM My DTS loops through the files in the repository transforms the
data and inserts into a UsageStats Table and deletes the files after
processing
08:20 AM Perfmon runs for another minute and rewrites the csv file
08:25 DTS comes in and does its thing.
etc through 18:00 PM every weekday

Everything is working fine except for kicking off this perfmon job HELP! We
do this with our SQL Servers all the time using traces and it provides us a
lot of value I can't imagine others wouldn't want to do the same thing. I
also can't imagine they just want to leave these counters running 24 /7
either.

If you haven't already, see http://tinyurl.com/47ht3

Logman looks like it can Start/Stop counters. Hopefully this helps....

--
camerooon