How to hide certain files from Windows Explorer

Hi!

I have MS Word 97 happily running on a win2000.
I recently started setting Word to automatically make backups of each
document. Now looking at folders has become a drag because my folders
are twice the size!

Is there a way to "hide" the backup documents that MS Word creates,
unless I specifically show them?

I tried Folder Options->View...
I have it set to "do not show hidden files"
But apparently MS Word backup file don't count as hidden files.

Am I missing a setting either in Win2000 or in MS Word 97?

Thanks, New
1 answer Last reply
More about hide files windows explorer

    It depends upon what you're trying to protect against:
    current data loss by power outage, get a UPS; data messup
    by operator error (you mess the file up), Word 97 Backup
    (but only back to the last time you saved); or data loss
    by system lockup, Word 97 AutoRecovery.

    Instead of cluttering your drive with a backup of every
    file, Word 97's AutoRecovery keeps a running backup of the
    file you are currently editing. To implement AutoRecovery
    do this:
    1) Create like "Word Recovery"
    2) Go to Tools . Option . File Locations
    Click on Auto Recover Files in the list
    Click Modify
    Select your new directory in the Explorer
    Click OK
    3) Now click on the Save tab
    Uncheck the Auto create backup copy box
    Check the Save AutoRecover info every ... box
    Enter 5 or 10 minutes in the box (however much data you
    are willing to lose)

Windows Explorer Microsoft Word Hidden Files Windows