FR/LG Friendship: How do you increase it?

Last response: in Video Games
September 27, 2004 1:44:56 PM

I am trying to get a Cleffa to evolve. It evolves on friendship to Clefairy.

What would be the quickest way to get enough friendship to evolve?

More about : friendship increase

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 1:55:28 PM

Give it lots of perma-stat boosting items like Protein and Carbos. It's
expensive, but it'll increase happiness in short periods of time. I
don't think there's any way to give your Pokémon haircuts in FRLG like
there was in GSC, so the only other thing I suggest is to battle with
it a lot, don't deposit it in the PC, heal it quickly when it's down,
and, uh... love it?
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:18:12 PM

"Robert Wenzler" <rwenzler@usachoice.net> wrote in message
>I am trying to get a Cleffa to evolve. It evolves on friendship to
>Clefairy.
>
> What would be the quickest way to get enough friendship to evolve?

If you've got a good enough team to afford one slacker, you can take it
through the Elite Four a couple of times. Also give it the soothe bell to
hold.
September 27, 2004 9:53:24 PM

"Robert Wenzler" <rwenzler@usachoice.net> wrote in message
>I am trying to get a Cleffa to evolve. It evolves on friendship to
>Clefairy.
>
> What would be the quickest way to get enough friendship to evolve?

Also, after completing final four - take it to Daisy ( rival's sister) often
for grooming.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 9:53:25 PM

Raph wrote:
> "Robert Wenzler" <rwenzler@usachoice.net> wrote in message
>
>>I am trying to get a Cleffa to evolve. It evolves on friendship to
>>Clefairy.
>>
>>What would be the quickest way to get enough friendship to evolve?
>

> Also, after completing final four - take it to Daisy ( rival's sister) often
> for grooming.

Hmm, didn't know that was a feature! I think I even went back to her
once afterward and nothing happened. Anything special to do to get her
to groom them?
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 10:17:43 PM

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> Raph wrote:
>> "Robert Wenzler" <rwenzler@usachoice.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I am trying to get a Cleffa to evolve. It evolves on friendship to
>>>Clefairy.
>>>
>>>What would be the quickest way to get enough friendship to evolve?
>>

>> Also, after completing final four - take it to Daisy ( rival's sister)
>> often for grooming.
> Hmm, didn't know that was a feature! I think I even went back to her once
> afterward and nothing happened. Anything special to do to get her to groom
> them?

Don't think so - I just went up to her and she offered to groom one. You may
need to have one that likes you in the lead.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 10:17:44 PM

Raph wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>
>>Raph wrote:
>>
>>>"Robert Wenzler" <rwenzler@usachoice.net> wrote in message

>>>Also, after completing final four - take it to Daisy ( rival's sister)
>>>often for grooming.
>>
>>Hmm, didn't know that was a feature! I think I even went back to her once
>>afterward and nothing happened. Anything special to do to get her to groom
>>them?
>

> Don't think so - I just went up to her and she offered to groom one. You may
> need to have one that likes you in the lead.

Hmm, that seems to defeat the purpose then. But I'm going to try it
again and see.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 5:24:02 PM

Once upon a time Robert Wenzler decided to write:

> I am trying to get a Cleffa to evolve. It evolves on friendship to
> Clefairy.
>
> What would be the quickest way to get enough friendship to evolve?

Battle with it a lot and don't let it faint. Giving it items it likes may
also help.
!