Runtime Error '5'

Hi - I just installed a piece of software, and when I went to initially use
it, I received the following error: "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure
call or argument."
I have uninstalled the program, reinstalled it, and get the same result. I
contacted support for the project and they alluded that something must be
wrong with my setup. I am running Windows XP SP2 Home edition. No other
software I have loaded has ever given me this trouble. Any help at all will
be most appreciated.

JT

Please name the program.
Most references on the internet to this error advise the poster to obtain
the latest version of the program.