Windows 2000 will not setup past copying files to new hard..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 14, 2004 11:12:15 PM

I have installed a new 80gb hard drive, and setup system
to boot from CDrom, instlling Windows2000
all intial files with blue screen setup OK
after enetering Product Key OK
Then set computer Name OK
Then set time OK
It begins to install networking Setting OK
Installing Components and the system REBOOTs and start
all over again --- Any ideas
September 15, 2004 1:27:54 PM

Trevor,
Remove all but the most necessary hardware (audio card, LAN card, etc.),
disable advanced features on the mainboard, and try the install again. Do
the install "bare-bones" then once you've got Windows up and running, start
enabling and installing the peripherals one at a time.

-VR