Not sure what the problem is (post build software probs)

luvs2play

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Hey there I just finished building a new computer:

e4300
evga 7600gt
1 gb ocz gold
320 wd hd sata
gigabyte 965p-s3

and I am having just random problems installing programs on my computer. Typically the error is xyz file does not match the cab file ...I have tried oced and not and this is from software that was dled (such as supreme commander demo) to Ghost recon (which was bundled with my cpu). Curious how to troubleshoot this problem. I have tried reinstalling windows and I was thinking it could be a hardware problem but I dont have parts that I can sub in to test with. Is there any way to troubleshoot this other than to send one part back at a time?

Please help!

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I'm guessing the data corruption is caused by either bad SATA, IDE or RAID drivers. Or something in the BIOS. Or you have a bad motherboard.

Try flashing your BIOS to the newest version, and updating motherboard drivers to the newest version.

It was a pretty common problem with some Nforce4 boards for instance, but your motherboard has a good reputation for being rock solid.

luvs2play

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
im using windows xp home sp 2

i have the latest bios and latest drivers for my mb but ill try reinstalling them and ill report back

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I just noticed that you mentioned it was downloaded files. Is it only downloaded files?

Do you have any trouble transferring files between drives or from an optical drive?