no internet access on client PC

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I cannot access the internet from my PC client. I think DHCP and/or DNS is
not configured properly. Can someone outline the steps of what to do. I'm
lost.

INFO: I have my W2K server up and running with 1 PC client connected with an
Ethernet connection. File sharing is working fine. I have a static IP
address. Internet access from the server is fine via cable modem. The
network connections are "enabled" for internet sharing.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

IPCONFIG /ALL:

Server config:
Host name: server
Primery DNS suffix: headquarters.xcaretsoftware.com
Node type: Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled: NO
WINS Proxy Enabled: NO
DNS Suffix Search List:
headquarters.xcaretsoftware.com
xcaretsoftware.com

Internet NIC:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: <blank>
DHCP Enabled: NO
IP Address: 66.214.45.206
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway: 66.214.45.205
DNS Servers:
24.205.1.14
66.215.0.14

LAN NIC:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: <blank>
Physical Address: 00-C0-9F-33-76-31
DHCP Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169.254.181.209
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.
Default Gateway: <blank>
DNS Servers: <blank>