W2k won't boot

I've installed a new 80g hd. Installed w2k on same. In
same box I had my old 30g hd as a slave. Everything
worked fine until I removed my old hd (30g)now I get the
blue screen with the following "inacessible_boot_device"
Both HD's have been partioned into 2 equal drives so I
have c--d--e--f. I can boot from a Win98 boot disk. I
also have the 6 bootdisks for xp. How do I get my new 80g
to boot without the 30g in the box??
Thanks for any help.

GeoffW

boot from CD, I would disconnect your old 30g drive (for
now)

run a repair from the CD
(this process should find you OS installed on the 80g drive)
if it doesn't do a repair install

if you run the recpovery console you need to do a fixmbr and
fixboot

Geoff

"pcbob2" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2a2701c49c62$75ceed40$a601280a@phx.gbl...