Implement Hardware RAID on existed Windows Server without ..

Hi,

I have many Windows Servers (2000 and 2003) with no Raid. All these servers
are running on production for 1 years.

Now I need to implement hardware RAID 5 on all of these servers without
reinstall all the operating systems and restore backup huge data.

Do they have any way to do that? I'd heard that I must reinstall everything
for this situations which mean nightmare forme.

Many thanks for your help.
Regards,
Neung
1 answer Last reply
More about implement hardware raid existed windows server

    "Neung" <Neung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have many Windows Servers (2000 and 2003) with no Raid. All these
    > servers
    > are running on production for 1 years.
    >
    > Now I need to implement hardware RAID 5 on all of these servers without
    > reinstall all the operating systems and restore backup huge data.
    >
    > Do they have any way to do that? I'd heard that I must reinstall
    > everything
    > for this situations which mean nightmare forme.
    >
    > Many thanks for your help.
    > Regards,
    > Neung

    Image existing server
    Install new drives
    Create RAID 5 (Thus destroying existing data)
    Restore the Image to new disks, enlarging the partition size (Most image
    software do this automatically)
    Reboot
    Happy with the bigger redundant disks

    I have done this many a time when increasing the drive sizes using
    Powerquest V2i, or Ghost 2003 (Which can Image the disk to Tape if required)

    PM me for more info.

Hardware NAS / RAID Windows Server Servers Windows