Implement Hardware RAID on existed Windows Server without ..

Hi,

I have many Windows Servers (2000 and 2003) with no Raid. All these servers
are running on production for 1 years.

Now I need to implement hardware RAID 5 on all of these servers without
reinstall all the operating systems and restore backup huge data.

Do they have any way to do that? I'd heard that I must reinstall everything
for this situations which mean nightmare forme.

Many thanks for your help.
Regards,
Neung

"Neung" <Neung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have many Windows Servers (2000 and 2003) with no Raid. All these
> servers
> are running on production for 1 years.
>
> Now I need to implement hardware RAID 5 on all of these servers without
> reinstall all the operating systems and restore backup huge data.
>
> Do they have any way to do that? I'd heard that I must reinstall
> everything
> for this situations which mean nightmare forme.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
> Regards,
> Neung

Image existing server
Install new drives
Create RAID 5 (Thus destroying existing data)
Restore the Image to new disks, enlarging the partition size (Most image
software do this automatically)
Reboot
Happy with the bigger redundant disks

I have done this many a time when increasing the drive sizes using
Powerquest V2i, or Ghost 2003 (Which can Image the disk to Tape if required)

PM me for more info.