Pokemon Box: when is it safe to switch carts?

I'm a little confused by all the warnings in the instruction manual. It
says quite often not to take out the cart, unplug the cables, etc. but
what if you want to transfer all your pokemon from one cart into Box,
and then from Box transfer them to another cart? When is it safe to
remove one cart and put in the other? Do you have to turn off the GC
completely, switch carts, then turn it back on? Or can you do it at the
title screen? Or some other place?

John Salerno wrote:
> I'm a little confused by all the warnings in the instruction manual. It
> says quite often not to take out the cart, unplug the cables, etc. but
> what if you want to transfer all your pokemon from one cart into Box,
> and then from Box transfer them to another cart? When is it safe to
> remove one cart and put in the other? Do you have to turn off the GC
> completely, switch carts, then turn it back on? Or can you do it at the
> title screen? Or some other place?

I normally switch at the title screen, by swapping the link cable from
one Gameboy to another. I'm sure it works the same if you only have one
GBA and switch the carts (with the GBA turned off, of course).

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/