program installation weirdness?

mark

when I install programs with 2 or more cd's,setup asks
disc2 in order to continue the installation,an error
message appears: "wrong volume is in the drive,please
insert the correct disc" with 3 options either to (1)retry
or (2)continue or (3)cancel.When I try to select one of
these options,this leads me to nothing but simply aborting
the installation without my permission.

Why is this so?I badly need your help for me to install
programs having 2 or more cd's..pls.help me

Hi,

This could be caused by a couple of things.

1. If you have a cd burring program and or a Cd Rom emulator. It is
possible that it could be hooking the cdrom before explorer gets a chance
to register there has been a volume change.
2. You cd rom may need a firmware update. You can contact the vendor and
or their website in most cases to get an update if available.

Make note of the model and brand of Cd Rom Drive
Make note of any programs that may be installed with the drive. Such as
Nero, Roxio, Adaptec, Etc..

Kenneth C. Engelhardt
Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.
Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.