what is the diff. between S3 and Ds3 mobo??

waleedhk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
hi every1. i am going to build a low budget comp,,, so i want to choose a s3 mobo. Can anyone tell me the diff. between these two mobos except capacitor. and how long will a electrolitic capacitors (if CPU oced till 500fsb) as compared to Solid Capacitors (if CPU oced till 500fsb). and is S3 rev 3.3 released yet??

waleedhk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
i am talking about intel---ga-965p-s3 and ga-965p-ds3. one more question what is the difference between s3- rev 2.0 and rev 3.3 . and does s3 support ddr2-800mhz memory. and can we install a ddr memory into s3. will it boot into windows

grifter33

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
With gigabyte boards the letters all stand for certain features. It's sort of an easy wasy to get an overall idea of what the board offers just by looking at the name.

D stands for Ultra Durable.. (All solid caps design)
S are the features Safe, Smart, Speed, SLI, Silent Pipe
Q for Quad features Quad Bios, Quad Cooling, Quad Triple Phase, Quad eSata, Quad Core Ready, Quad DDR2 Slots
So,
Q6 = Quad Bios, Quad Cooling, Quad Triple Phase, Quad eSata, Quad Core Ready, Quad DDR2 Slots
S5 = Safe, Smart, Speed, Silent Pipe, SLI
S3 = Safe, Smart, Speed
S2 = Safe, Smart

That's just an overview, as others have posted there are other differences between the boards but this shows what the letters stand for.

madmurph

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
ok..i have one more ques...what is Raid and what is Raid-1, 0.
RAID 0 is two disks combined by a raid controller to look like one disk. The data is striped between the two disks, so read/write is faster than a single disk. RAID 1 is when one disk mirrors the other, so one disk sits blind, backing up the first. RAID 10 (1+0) is both. Here's a reference for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks

TRENDING THREADS