Can't install norton anti virus 2004

why can't i install norton anti-virus 2004 on windows 2004
server. There is a message that says the installer
supports only workstation operating systems. I have sql
server 2000 installed on my windows.
2 answers Last reply
More about install norton anti virus 2004

    There is no Windows 2004 Unless you're talking about SQL server developer
    edition then it must be installed on a server operating system hence the
    error message.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Raymund" wrote:
    | why can't i install norton anti-virus 2004 on windows 2004
    | server. There is a message that says the installer
    | supports only workstation operating systems. I have sql
    | server 2000 installed on my windows.

    After checking out a couple internet sites and symantec's site it appears
    that Norton Antivirus 2004 can only be installed on the following operating
    Systems

    System Requirements: Windows XP Home/XP Pro/2000 Pro/Me/98 - Microsoft
    operating system: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

    As stated in a previous email for obvious reasons I do not think you have
    Windows 2004, however if you have any of the operating systems mentioned in
    the system requirements section then you should be ok. Good Luck!

    Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
    Microsoft Server Setup Team

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
    Microsoft.
    or opinions of Microsoft.

Norton Antivirus Servers Windows