Sign in with
Your question

Unable to browse domain thru "My Network Places"

Last response: in Networking
November 27, 2006 3:46:00 PM

Hey All,

I have some computers on my domain that unable to browse My Network places. When I click on my domain PBJFS in the Microsoft Windows Network I receive the following error:

"PBJFS is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept."

Now this is a random error. I was able to browse the network about 20 minutes ago and now I am unable to browse it again. The computer that I am on is a laptop and I am logged onto this computer instead of the PBJFS. But even when I am logged onto the domain itself as admin I still get this same error.

I can still get to the computers I want by typing in the name in the address bar (which is fine with me but the boss only likes to browse the network instead of typing in the computer he wants)
Could someone please let me know what the fix for this is or the work around.

Thanks!!

More about : unable browse domain network places

Anonymous
November 27, 2006 9:26:36 PM

Have you setup WINS on the domain controller?

Grumpy
November 29, 2006 10:58:14 PM

To browse the domain you will have to be logged in as a domain user that has sufficient rights. The domain Administrator account "should" have enough rights but I would log in as another user with domain admin privileges just to be sure.
Is the Windows Firewall running?
Does the error go away if you restart the computer and imediatly try again?

I've seen this error quite a few times before but not along with the "No more Connections..." part. You may want to Virus, Spyware, Adware, etc scan the computer just to make sure it isn't spamming anything.

What version of windows server and clients are you running?

You shouldn't need WINS to browse the network when using active directory and dns.
November 29, 2006 11:10:52 PM

If you have firewalls running on each pc, you will need to add a rule to allow access for your subnet.
!