can my power supply handle it

loadin_a_bowl

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
Unfortunatly after looking around I couldn't find any exact power requirements. Usually the power requirements are between 18amps and 26 amps on the 12V rail. I think you have that covered with your power supply. That powersupply also has the 6 pin power connector for the video card also. I think your good.

brett_monkey

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
Hey! It looks as if your power supply should be able to handle it. Here are the specs of the card. It took a bit of searching to find it.

Minimum System Requirements

* Please see ati.com/crossfire for a list of recommended ATI CrossFire Certified components
* PCI Express® based PC is required with two x16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard and one additional adjacent expansion slot .
* To complete the CrossFire™ platform, a PCI Express® Radeon® X1900 series graphics card and a CrossFire™ Ready motherboard are also required
* 512MB of system memory recommended
* Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
* DVD playback requires DVD drive and decoder software (not included)
* Connection to the system power supply is required.
* 450-Watt power supply or greater, 30 Amps on 12 volt rail recommended (assumes fully loaded system)
* For CrossFire™: 550 watt power supply or greater, 38 Amps on 12 volt rail
* Power supply must support 6-pin PCI Express® connector (CrossFire™ requires 2 x 6-pin connectors)
* Windows XP/XP-64/MCE 2005/Vista

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
good job on finding the specs brett-monkey. I spent time on the ati gigabyet asus and other sites looking for those.

TRENDING THREADS