Noobzie

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
i had two incidents. 1st is i had two monitors, one is newly bought. i wanted to try the new one so i plugged all the cable. before plugging in the vga cable to the pc, i took out my older monitor's dvi cable but the cable touched the back of the casing. i tried to switch on the pc but i won't run. second incident is the LAN cable. i took out to try on a laptop. when came to fixing it back to the pc, it auto shutdown. i'm able to on my pc after half an hour of plugging out the power cable in both incidents. my guess is the power supply fault but i want to get confirmation from fellow forum posters. thanks

Noobzie

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
i think you miss understood. when i swap the vga and dvi cable, i didn't on my pc. it was when after i swapped it, my pc won't switch on. but now i'm having it more frequently. when playing games or doing normal surfing, my pc auto shutdown. is it the psu? thanks for you advise. i'll remember to ground myself before doing anything to my pc.

Noobzie

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
how do i use this MemTest? i downloaded a WinRar file but which file to launch? are there any side effects from the use of this test? one reason i'm not suspecting other hardware than the psu is because before this power failure, i had noticed my cathode lights went dim and also once there's an error stating that my graphics card didn't have a power connector plugged in. so, that is why i'm thinking that my psu is reaching the end of its life span since this power failure happen.and this morning, before i reply this post, another weird stuff happen. i power on my computer, it switch on and then off itself. i press a couple of times(power button)nothing happen. i check the back of my pc and when my finger went near the panel(mouse, keyboard,usb,parallel,serial connector) the computer switch on. and now i can reply this post.