can someone show me how to use NiBiTor to.....

inversion

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
I would like to mod the voltage on my BFG 6800Gt OC (I have 2 of them), I beleive I saw I could mod the voltage from 1.3 to 1.4 or even 1.5, anyone show me how to do this with that program or lead me to a place that explains how to use NiBiTor..... :D
They are both very well cooled, one water cooled and one Zalamn flower with copper sinks.
Thanks all of you who help
DasMorbid1

My only advice is, educate yourself thoroughly, and fully understand everything before you commit, the flashing will be done using a floppy drive theres really no way around that make sure you have one, even if you have to get an external USB Floppy Drive.

I have 2 7800GTXs volt modded and clock and mem increased, using Nibitor to create my bios mods and NVFlash to flash the cards.

PM if you need advice, but study the guides first, STUDY the Guides!!! You can destroy your video cards doing this no matter how good your cooling is.

This forum is full of lost ignorants, make sure you take advice from those that have actually done this, good luck!

inversion

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
Thanks a million for all the help everyone, I did flash a bios one a while back, making a 5900 a 5950 ultra or something, it was a long time ago, and the cvard died shortly after that, thank god it was a BFG, I sent the 5900 back, they sent me a brand new BFG 6800Gt Oc :D
I will certainly back up the bios. All I want to do is mod the voltage, then overclock it using Riva Tuner or cool bits.
I basicaly didnt know whether I needed to change the voltage in 3d, 2d and throttle, or if I could just change the 1.3v to 1.4 in 3D....
Thanks again for links and all...
DaMorbid1

Sorry to post multiple times but I keep remembering something I forgot to tell you.

I experimented with my cards quite a bit before settling with my final settings, the experimentation was voltage increase in relation to a rock solid core/mem increase, you really do not need to increase the voltage beyond what the solid core/mem setting will run at, there are parameters between a 1.4 and 1.5, such as 1.45 ETC.

What I'm trying to say is if the stable increase will run at 1.45, don't set it to 1.5 just because its there, the higher the voltage the higher the heat, and increasing the voltage makes an instant difference, in temp.

All video cards are different because of the manufacturing process some can be pushed so far while another from the same manufacturer cannot, both my cards are MSI but one can be pushed further than the other, but since I'm running SLI I set both cards to the lowers capability.

Thanks a million for all the help everyone, I did flash a bios one a while back, making a 5900 a 5950 ultra or something, it was a long time ago, and the cvard died shortly after that, thank god it was a BFG, I sent the 5900 back, they sent me a brand new BFG 6800Gt Oc :D
I will certainly back up the bios. All I want to do is mod the voltage, then overclock it using Riva Tuner or cool bits.
I basicaly didnt know whether I needed to change the voltage in 3d, 2d and throttle, or if I could just change the 1.3v to 1.4 in 3D....
Thanks again for links and all...
DaMorbid1

After I completed my testing I flashed my cards with the voltage increase and the core/mem settings as their default settings, they can actually still be OC'd further but I've left in some slight safety factor, since they run all the time at the increased settings.

inversion

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
Thanks everyone, after a long bout with Liver (bed ridden mostly) probs I am hoping to get back into PC Modding and overclocking, too much fun... :evil:
DaMorbid1