NT4 to 2000 Upgrade

Hello,

I realize that this topic has been discussed before, however I was
wondering if someone with more experience could shed some light on a
few specific things I have questions on.

1. I am planning on installing a new BDC, promoting it to a PDC and
doing an inplace upgrade - I currently have a BDC in my New York
office and locally (Los Angeles). The local BDC has Exchange 5.5 on
it. I guess a question here would be, is there anything wring with
doing this? Will I lose any functionality after the upgrade? My plan
is to upgrade the BDC/Exchange 5.5 server after the main domain.

2. What interuption will my users experience? If I were to do the
upgrade in the evening after most people have gone home, what could I
expect in the morning?

3. Should I be upgrading to 2000 or 2003? I will be installing a few
2003 member servers later this year and was wondering if there were
any issues to look out for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I think upgradation is not a good if you have exchange 5.5 on the box
because if upgradation fails It will cost you your production server
Its better if you go for migration
Check the below mentioned link
http://support.microsoft.com/common/canned.aspx?R=d&H=Migration%20from%20Win
dows%20NT%204.0%20to%20Windows%202000%20with%20ADMT&LL=kbwin2000search%20or%
20kbwin2000advservservsearch%20or%20kbwin2000servsearch&Sz=admt

Regarding upgradation to 2000 to 2003
its upto you as how much big is your network
do you want to work with multiple forest or not
check www.Microsoft.com/windows

Actually , I will be instaiing a fresh BDC and promoting it to a PDC
and then dong the upgrade. Once that is done, the plan is to install
exchange 2000 on another member server and move the mailboxes. With
this change is the upgrade still risky?

Thanks!