Total newbie here with a hot E6600

racife

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007

Hi guys, i was reading around and apparently my temp seems way too high?

I'm really new to this so i was hoping somebody could teach me some stuffs.

I have a E6600, cooled with my side casing open cos my casing is pretty old and doesn't have any openings to install fans.

The Core Temp program shows that i have a TJunction of 85C.

Thanks for any help i can get.

labortius

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
It doesn't seem that hot. My 4300 is about 33 @ 2.7gHz, goes to about 65 @ 3.06 under TAT load. Minus 15 degress I think I'm OK ish, and normally it never gets over 33 during usual gaming use.

Brawly44

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
Could you post the type of computer chassis you have, and what type of cooling system you are using. 80 degrees centigrade seems high to me. I say this because not only are the core 2 duo processors incredible at multi-tasking and speed, but they are also praised for their low voltage requirements and low heat. I have the E6600 in my system, and at idle I am running at 20 - 22 degrees centigrade. However, I do have a water cooling kit installed as well as 3 large cooling fans. One solution (although it sounds crazy) is that if you have the chassis door open, find a small house fan and direct it to blow into your case. You should see a drop in temperature.:D

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Your temps are not high at all. Perfectly normal. 85 tjunction max is the temp that the cores have to reach for the system to shut down. Your is at 36 and 39. Far away from it.

sbinh

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006

Hi guys, i was reading around and apparently my temp seems way too high?

I'm really new to this so i was hoping somebody could teach me some stuffs.

I have a E6600, cooled with my side casing open cos my casing is pretty old and doesn't have any openings to install fans.

The Core Temp program shows that i have a TJunction of 85C.

Thanks for any help i can get.

It seems a little high for stock settings. What's ambient temp?
If ambient temp is not high, try to re-seat heatsink.