Creating a Window that cannot be minimized

I am creating software for a virtual reality museum exhibit to be accessed
using large touch screen monitors. All development has involved displaying
everything in a maximized window. However, we don't want patrons to be able
to close the window or minimize it by clicking in the upper right hand
portion of the window. Question: How can you create a window without the
three standard buttons in the upper right hand corner? Sounds simple, but I
have no idea how to do it.

"Jeff Ambroziak" <JeffAmbroziak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating software for a virtual reality museum exhibit to be accessed
> using large touch screen monitors. All development has involved
> displaying
> everything in a maximized window. However, we don't want patrons to be
> able
> to close the window or minimize it by clicking in the upper right hand
> portion of the window. Question: How can you create a window without the
> three standard buttons in the upper right hand corner? Sounds simple, but
> have no idea how to do it.

You can use hta (html applications) to create borderless, menuless,
captionless...windows. I have used them in the past for other useful
purposes. They are basically executables and therefore very
powerful.....There are some security issues (may not apply in your case) and
some limitations.
Take a look here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta/hta_node_entry.asp
and here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta/overview/htaoverview.asp
and see if they fit your needs.

Good luck with the museum.

--
Greg Lamaison

I'm assuming you're creating this using some actual programming language
rather than some scripting language.

Isn't there parameters in CreateWindowEX (Windows API) to control those
things?