Runas to REMOVE Programs?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 23, 2004 11:02:38 PM

I often use RunAs to install programs from a non-admin account.
Is it possible to use RunAs to remove them as well? I would think
not, since the Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" applet isn't a
standalone executable.
--
Mark R. Blain, markrblain@earthlink.invalid
(change .INVALID to .NET to reply)

More about : runas remove programs

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 3:14:26 PM

In news:az19bd42fbn0$.6wakh1z8wxxy.dlg@40tude.net,
Mark R. Blain <see_my_sig@for.my.real.address> fumbled, fiddled and
fingered:
> I often use RunAs to install programs from a non-admin account.
> Is it possible to use RunAs to remove them as well? I would think
> not, since the Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" applet isn't a
> standalone executable.

RunAs will work fine on the Add/Remove applet via the normal right click
/ shift key routine

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk