dual boot default change

When I start my computer the default boot is to "D" drive.
I want it to default to the "C" drive where my NTFS is.
My computer is a partitioned 60 GB hard drive with windows
2000 NTFS on "C" and the FAT32 is on the "D". After they
were loaded I could not find a way to change the order of
the start selection. Now if the computer is turned on and
no one waits to select the "C" drive, it automaticaly
opens to the "D" drive, and as I work 98% of the time in
the NTFS system I must go thru the long wait of the
restart and opening.
Thank you in advance
Donald L Wargi
3 answers Last reply
More about dual boot default change

    Donald Wargi wrote:
    > When I start my computer the default boot is to "D" drive.
    > I want it to default to the "C" drive where my NTFS is.
    > My computer is a partitioned 60 GB hard drive with windows
    > 2000 NTFS on "C" and the FAT32 is on the "D". After they
    > were loaded I could not find a way to change the order of
    > the start selection. Now if the computer is turned on and
    > no one waits to select the "C" drive, it automaticaly
    > opens to the "D" drive, and as I work 98% of the time in
    > the NTFS system I must go thru the long wait of the
    > restart and opening.
    > Thank you in advance
    > Donald L Wargi

    Either use a text editor, such as NotePad, to manually edit
    C:\Boot.ini to select a new default OS, or, from within Win2K,
    right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and
    Recovery, Settings > Default operating system.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having
    both at once. - RAH

    It was so simple all I needed was for you to point the way.

    For two years I fought with this problem and the computer
    experts here in Peru couldn't fix it either. They all keep
    looking to fix it from the dual boot menu. Thanks for your
    help.
    Don

    Donald Wargi wrote:
    > It was so simple all I needed was for you to point the
    > way.
    >
    > For two years I fought with this problem and the computer
    > experts here in Peru couldn't fix it either. They all keep
    > looking to fix it from the dual boot menu. Thanks for your
    > help.
    > Don

    You're welcome.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
    count on having both at once. - RAH

Default Computers Windows