How to retieve lost data

tiff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004

Does anyone knows of any program or how to retrieve lost
pics, in xp/2k? I rebooted my pc with xp cd and installed
it over the previous, but the drive hasn't been
formatted... Is there a chance to recover them? I managed
after a lenghty search, found two - but those were used as
wallpaper... and I did use some more as wallpaper and those
I can't even find either. Where are the rest? Are they
still there?

"Tiff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone knows of any program or how to retrieve lost
> pics, in xp/2k? I rebooted my pc with xp cd and installed
> it over the previous, but the drive hasn't been
> formatted... Is there a chance to recover them? I managed
> after a lenghty search, found two - but those were used as
> wallpaper... and I did use some more as wallpaper and those
> I can't even find either. Where are the rest? Are they
> still there?

if the files haven't been over written, then they can be recovered. Any
decent freeware undelete utility should find files that have been deleted.

TRENDING THREADS