For gaming system: would u rather: Dual Xeons, or PentiumD?

For gaming system: would u rather: Dual Xeons, or PentiumD?

• Dual Xeons would ROCK MY GAMES!!!!111

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Pentium D will work great!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kman13

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
So, I have two Xeon 5050 chips sitting around. I also have a Pentium D sitting around. And I want to build a system. Do you think it's worth it to game on a dual Xeon system? Or should I just stick with the Pentium D?

In either system, I'd be having 2 GB of ram, and a fairly high end video card running in PCI-E x16 (possibly an ATI X1950, good deals on newegg.)

kman13

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
i was thinking about that.
ive had the pentium d for about a year now, and i wish i had sold it when i got it ... coulda gotten like $400 in store credit lol.
i also missed out on a great intel deal ... thats very upsetting as well.

The xeons dont really go for that much on ebay though, that's why i was reluctant to sell them.

Also, I don't quite have the money now for a nice Core 2 Duo processor, but I could always run the Pentium D in a nice motherboard and upgrade the chip later without any problems with compatibility or even windows activation ... the motherboard would be staying the same, after all. Just plug and play!

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
i was thinking about that.
ive had the pentium d for about a year now, and i wish i had sold it when i got it ... coulda gotten like $400 in store credit lol.
i also missed out on a great intel deal ... thats very upsetting as well.

The xeons dont really go for that much on ebay though, that's why i was reluctant to sell them.

Also, I don't quite have the money now for a nice Core 2 Duo processor, but I could always run the Pentium D in a nice motherboard and upgrade the chip later without any problems with compatibility or even windows activation ... the motherboard would be staying the same, after all. Just plug and play!

Yeah, you could always just buy a motherboard that supports Core 2 Duo and use the Pentium D in place of it for now. Seems like a easy way to save money. You could get maybe 200 on ebay for both of those Xeons. Give it a shot.