can't remove shared printer

I installed a shared printer on a W2k PC and I now need to
remove it. For some reason it won't delete! I am as admin
but no luck... It is a local HP laserjet shared through
another W2k PC. Does someone know where I can remove the
shared printer through the registry?

TIA

Hi,

Can we try to remove this printer while the computer is booted in Safe Mode.
This may work because the spooler service will not be running.
-------
If you are not familiar with safe mode in Windows 2000
Please see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
-------
Description of Safe Boot Mode in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;202485
-------
Also this may help if booting in safe mode does not work.
-------
Steps to Manually Remove and Reinstall a Printer Driver
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;135406

Kenneth C. Engelhardt
Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.
Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.

Yes I did try in safemode without success, thanks.

------------------
>-------
>If you are not familiar with safe mode in Windows 2000
>Please see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
------------------
>-------
>Description of Safe Boot Mode in Windows 2000
us;202485
------------------
>-------
>Also this may help if booting in safe mode does not work.
------------------
>-------
>Steps to Manually Remove and Reinstall a Printer Driver
us;135406

>Kenneth C. Engelhardt
>Microsoft Online Support Engineer
>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
>When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
>your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
>from your issue.
confers no rights.
>Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can
help.

>.

Hi,

Please make sure that you are logged in as Local Administrator
Please stop the Print Spooler Service.
Please check the (c:\winnt\system32\spool\PRINTERS) to see if there are any
spool "spl" files.
If so delete these files.
Please restart the Print Spooler Service
Attempt to delete printer.