can't remove shared printer

I installed a shared printer on a W2k PC and I now need to
remove it. For some reason it won't delete! I am as admin
but no luck... It is a local HP laserjet shared through
another W2k PC. Does someone know where I can remove the
shared printer through the registry?

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about remove shared printer

    Hi,

    Can we try to remove this printer while the computer is booted in Safe Mode.
    This may work because the spooler service will not be running.
    -------
    If you are not familiar with safe mode in Windows 2000
    Please see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
    -------
    Description of Safe Boot Mode in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;202485
    -------
    Also this may help if booting in safe mode does not work.
    -------
    Steps to Manually Remove and Reinstall a Printer Driver
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;135406

    Kenneth C. Engelhardt
    Microsoft Online Support Engineer
    from your issue.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.

    Yes I did try in safemode without success, thanks.

    us;202485
    ------------------
    >-------
    >Also this may help if booting in safe mode does not work.
    ------------------
    >-------
    >Steps to Manually Remove and Reinstall a Printer Driver
    us;135406

    >Kenneth C. Engelhardt
    >Microsoft Online Support Engineer
    >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
    >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
    >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
    >from your issue.
    confers no rights.
    >Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can
    help.

    >.

    Hi,

    Please make sure that you are logged in as Local Administrator
    Please stop the Print Spooler Service.
    Please check the (c:\winnt\system32\spool\PRINTERS) to see if there are any
    spool "spl" files.
    If so delete these files.
    Please restart the Print Spooler Service
    Attempt to delete printer.

    Kenneth C. Engelhardt
    Microsoft Online Support Engineer
    from your issue.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.

Hewlett Packard Shared Printer Microsoft Windows