master ball

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 3, 2004 8:42:10 PM

Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it from
Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
have a thousand full restore.

More about : master ball

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 8:42:11 PM

"QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message news:<415f9f44$0$29780$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it from
> Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
> have a thousand full restore.

In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 11:27:18 PM

QWERTY wrote:

> Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it from
> Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
> have a thousand full restore.

Tyranitar. It's a tactical capture. As soon as it comes out, Snag it.

Togetic and Shuckle you use Yanma's Sonic Boom on and something that causes
Sleep or Paralyze
October 3, 2004 11:52:53 PM

"William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
>> from
>> Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
>> have a thousand full restore.
>
> In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.

What? Togetic? Shame on you.

For Togetic, trade a low-level Pokémon from RSFL or a high-level False
Swiper. Master Ball waster.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 44
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 11:52:54 PM

"STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<1096829574.462205@leri.aber.ac.uk>...
> "William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
> >> Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
> >> from
> >> Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
> >> have a thousand full restore.
> >
> > In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.
>
> What? Togetic? Shame on you.
>
> For Togetic, trade a low-level Pokémon from RSFL or a high-level False
> Swiper. Master Ball waster.

Okay, forgive me for not thinking in those terms...
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 12:19:22 AM

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
> "William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
>>>from
>>>Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
>>>have a thousand full restore.
>>
>>In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.
>
> What? Togetic? Shame on you.
>
> For Togetic, trade a low-level Pokémon from RSFL or a high-level False
> Swiper. Master Ball waster.

Or just let it Shadow Rush itself down to yellow, while doing moves that
don't inflict damage (preferably status-inflicting moves, but Sunny day
over and over again will work too), or swapping pokemon or calling the
pokemon, after taking out the rest of the party (being careful not to
use two damage inflicting moves on the last non-Togetic pokemon if
there's a chance that one of the moves would KO that other pokemon). I
used less Ultra Balls than I thought I would leading up to that point
(I managed to get a string of "one-ball-one-capture"s on top of the
Tower) and since Togetic is the last pokemon to snag, almost any ball
you have remaining will do - and, yeah, the Master Ball should already
have been used. One Ultra Ball was probably overkill, but it worked
when Togetic was just barely in the yellow w/out any status conditions.
October 4, 2004 12:38:56 PM

"QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
> Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
> from Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he
> must have a thousand full restore.

Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 12:38:57 PM

QWERTY wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
> the game?

That's when the credits roll, but there are more shadow pokemon to get.
Even if you'd snagged them all, there are a few you can't get until
afterwards. There are 48 total. And, of course, you can go back and
re-battle to build up your pokemon for transfer to GBA, for taking to
Mt. Battle (which should now be set up for the 100 trainer challenge),
or for use outside Story Mode. (Check the options on the right when you
start the game.)

> How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
> battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!

Most of them, you will have multiple chances to obtain. For example,
Makuhita - the very first Shadow Pokemon you face. I fainted it when
I first saw it, then its trainer hid in jail for the rest of the
game, refusing to battle again. But after the mayor was taken away,
the Snag List (under P*DA) reminded me to check the mayor's house. See
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/pokemon_co...
and
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/pokemon_co...
for hints on the others (though note that both of them mis-listed
Makuhita; I can not verify most of the others because I snagged all the
others my first time through, but I did see some of the trainers in the
indicated locations - e.g., the Admins and their pokemon can be
reached via the D-Disk, which you get after you eventually meet and beat
Gonzap again).
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 12:38:57 PM

"QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message news:<41607f82$0$20125$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
> > Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
> > from Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he
> > must have a thousand full restore.
> >

> Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
> the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
> battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!

Don't worry about that. With the possible exception of the three
starters, every snaggable Pokémon in Colosseum has multiple chances to
be snagged. Just look for the trainers to snag from (or just search
the Snagem lair, depending).
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 3:21:59 PM

>> Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end
>> of
>> the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
>> battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!
>
> Don't worry about that. With the possible exception of the three
> starters, every snaggable Pokémon in Colosseum has multiple chances to
> be snagged. Just look for the trainers to snag from (or just search
> the Snagem lair, depending).

The starters are also available multiple times. In fact, there are infinite
chances to capture every single Pokémon in the game - it's just that some
(like the legendary dogs/cats/chairs) take more time to reach than others.

Most Pokémon you missed will still be in the same place with the same
trainer. If they're not, they're probably in the Snagem HQ.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 45
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 6:40:10 PM

QWERTY wrote:

> > Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
> > from Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he
> > must have a thousand full restore.

Most people recommend Tyranitar, but I'd definitely say Metagross. This
is because Metagross' "catch rate" is the hardest in the game, the same
as Mewtwo and the other legendaries. Tyranitar is considerably easier.

> Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
> the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
> battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!

http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/2ndpokemon.shtml

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/
!