master ball

Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it from
Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
have a thousand full restore.
10 answers Last reply
More about master ball

    "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message news:<415f9f44$0$29780$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
    > Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it from
    > Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
    > have a thousand full restore.

    In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.

    QWERTY wrote:

    > Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it from
    > Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
    > have a thousand full restore.

    Tyranitar. It's a tactical capture. As soon as it comes out, Snag it.

    Togetic and Shuckle you use Yanma's Sonic Boom on and something that causes
    Sleep or Paralyze

    "William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
    >> from
    >> Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
    >> have a thousand full restore.
    >
    > In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.

    What? Togetic? Shame on you.

    For Togetic, trade a low-level Pokémon from RSFL or a high-level False
    Swiper. Master Ball waster.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 44

    "STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<1096829574.462205@leri.aber.ac.uk>...
    > "William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >> Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
    > >> from
    > >> Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
    > >> have a thousand full restore.
    > >
    > > In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.
    >
    > What? Togetic? Shame on you.
    >
    > For Togetic, trade a low-level Pokémon from RSFL or a high-level False
    > Swiper. Master Ball waster.

    Okay, forgive me for not thinking in those terms...

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
    > "William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>>Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
    >>>from
    >>>Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he must
    >>>have a thousand full restore.
    >>
    >>In Colosseum? Either Tyranitar or Togetic, take your pick.
    >
    > What? Togetic? Shame on you.
    >
    > For Togetic, trade a low-level Pokémon from RSFL or a high-level False
    > Swiper. Master Ball waster.

    Or just let it Shadow Rush itself down to yellow, while doing moves that
    don't inflict damage (preferably status-inflicting moves, but Sunny day
    over and over again will work too), or swapping pokemon or calling the
    pokemon, after taking out the rest of the party (being careful not to
    use two damage inflicting moves on the last non-Togetic pokemon if
    there's a chance that one of the moves would KO that other pokemon). I
    used less Ultra Balls than I thought I would leading up to that point
    (I managed to get a string of "one-ball-one-capture"s on top of the
    Tower) and since Togetic is the last pokemon to snag, almost any ball
    you have remaining will do - and, yeah, the Master Ball should already
    have been used. One Ultra Ball was probably overkill, but it worked
    when Togetic was just barely in the yellow w/out any status conditions.

    "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
    > Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
    > from Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he
    > must have a thousand full restore.

    Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
    the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
    battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!

    QWERTY wrote:
    > Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
    > the game?

    That's when the credits roll, but there are more shadow pokemon to get.
    Even if you'd snagged them all, there are a few you can't get until
    afterwards. There are 48 total. And, of course, you can go back and
    re-battle to build up your pokemon for transfer to GBA, for taking to
    Mt. Battle (which should now be set up for the 100 trainer challenge),
    or for use outside Story Mode. (Check the options on the right when you
    start the game.)

    > How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
    > battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!

    Most of them, you will have multiple chances to obtain. For example,
    Makuhita - the very first Shadow Pokemon you face. I fainted it when
    I first saw it, then its trainer hid in jail for the rest of the
    game, refusing to battle again. But after the mayor was taken away,
    the Snag List (under P*DA) reminded me to check the mayor's house. See
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/pokemon_colosseum_shadow.txt
    and
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/pokemon_colosseum_snag.txt
    for hints on the others (though note that both of them mis-listed
    Makuhita; I can not verify most of the others because I snagged all the
    others my first time through, but I did see some of the trainers in the
    indicated locations - e.g., the Admins and their pokemon can be
    reached via the D-Disk, which you get after you eventually meet and beat
    Gonzap again).
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message news:<41607f82$0$20125$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
    > "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
    > > from Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he
    > > must have a thousand full restore.
    > >

    > Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
    > the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
    > battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!

    Don't worry about that. With the possible exception of the three
    starters, every snaggable Pokémon in Colosseum has multiple chances to
    be snagged. Just look for the trainers to snag from (or just search
    the Snagem lair, depending).
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >> Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end
    >> of
    >> the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
    >> battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!
    >
    > Don't worry about that. With the possible exception of the three
    > starters, every snaggable Pokémon in Colosseum has multiple chances to
    > be snagged. Just look for the trainers to snag from (or just search
    > the Snagem lair, depending).

    The starters are also available multiple times. In fact, there are infinite
    chances to capture every single Pokémon in the game - it's just that some
    (like the legendary dogs/cats/chairs) take more time to reach than others.

    Most Pokémon you missed will still be in the same place with the same
    trainer. If they're not, they're probably in the Snagem HQ.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 45
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    QWERTY wrote:

    > > Which Pokemon should I use the master ball on in Colosseum? Just got it
    > > from Uncle Eagun. Went to Realgam tower and was beaten by the Mayor... he
    > > must have a thousand full restore.

    Most people recommend Tyranitar, but I'd definitely say Metagross. This
    is because Metagross' "catch rate" is the hardest in the game, the same
    as Mewtwo and the other legendaries. Tyranitar is considerably easier.

    > Thanks for the advice, all. So the Mayor has Tyranitar? Is that the end of
    > the game? How do I get the shadow Pokemon that have fainted in previous
    > battles? Please don't tell me I have done a very bad thing!

    http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/2ndpokemon.shtml

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/

Games Nintendo Video Games