setup

Saul

I get the following error after I install MSDOS and reboot
from my CDROM which has Windows XP on it.

CDBOOT: Cannot BOOT from the CD - Code: 5

thankyou for any help

The only past case I can find that mentions this error message indicates
that you may have compresed your system drive. Compressing a system drive
is a no no and causes windows to not function. If this is the case you will
need to slave the drive on another 2k machine and uncompress the system
drive. Once you have done this you should be able to access your 2k
installation. Good Luck.

Below is the actual meaning behind a Error 5
Code 5
------
The driver for this device requested a resource that Windows does not know
how to handle. (Code 5)

This code indicates that there was a device failure due to the lack of an
arbitrator. If a device requests a resource type for which there is no
arbitrator, you receive this error code.

Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Microsoft Server Setup Team

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!

This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
Microsoft.
or opinions of Microsoft.