VPN via WiFi to Exchange Activesync

June 1, 2005 4:35:56 PM

Hi I have sucessfully managed to set up my XDAIIi so synchronise with
my Exchabge server at work via a VPN connection.

When I try doing this through by Broadband at home through a WiFi
link, I keep getting VPN Server error message telling me to check
user/password. Activesync shows error CONNMGR_33 error.

Any ideas what's gone wrong. GPRS is great, but I'd like to sync via
my home LAN and internet connection if possible.

The LAB is a domain controlled by an SBS 2003 server. My laptop and
desktops can connect to the work VPN no problem, and my work laptop
(not a home LAN domain memeber) can connect to the VPN via WiFi too.

Thanks in anticipation:

Kevin Finn
London
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:35:57 PM

Hi Kevin,
Since you can connect fine via gprs I would check the wifi
connection profile and make sure it's set to "internet". If it's set to
"work" this will cause to connection manager to think that it's already on a
work network and will keep it from connecting to the vpn.

rights...

"Kevin Finn" <kevin@finn.homechoice.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi I have sucessfully managed to set up my XDAIIi so synchronise with
> my Exchabge server at work via a VPN connection.
>
> When I try doing this through by Broadband at home through a WiFi
> link, I keep getting VPN Server error message telling me to check
> user/password. Activesync shows error CONNMGR_33 error.
>
> Any ideas what's gone wrong. GPRS is great, but I'd like to sync via
> my home LAN and internet connection if possible.
>
> The LAB is a domain controlled by an SBS 2003 server. My laptop and
> desktops can connect to the work VPN no problem, and my work laptop
> (not a home LAN domain memeber) can connect to the VPN via WiFi too.
>
> Thanks in anticipation:
>
> Kevin Finn
> London
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:33:56 PM

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I have double-checked and it is indeed set to Internet, not Work. It's
a strange one!

Kevin

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:07:52 -0400, "Eric Hicks [MVP]"
<i'm@home.with.u> wrote:

>Hi Kevin,
> Since you can connect fine via gprs I would check the wifi
>connection profile and make sure it's set to "internet". If it's set to
>"work" this will cause to connection manager to think that it's already on a
>work network and will keep it from connecting to the vpn.
>

>--
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:28:02 PM

Yes this is very strange, especially since you can connect fine via laptop
on the same wireless network and you have no problems connecting via gprs
from the device itself. Are you getting any errors when you try making the
connection with wifi or does it just not even try to connect?

!