US/UK versions - sterling signs

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I have a UK-bought ThinkPad running Windows XP and
Windows 2000. Recently it crashed, and I had to buy an
IBM restore disk and restore everything - but it was a US
disk, as I now live in the USA, and consequently I no
longer have a pound sterling or euro currency symbol.

This must have happened before - is there a patch or
update?

Cheers

dl

Tried settings/control Panel/Keyb, to install UK keyb?
or using insert menu, in eg Word, to bring up symbols