[FRLG] Celio's Phrases...?

After the handover of the Sapphire Plate to Celio is over, everytime you
talk to him again, he comments on apparently three things, all the same.

#1) He asks (without input dialogue) if there's anything I can't stand, and
says that Bill can't stomach milk.
#2) He says that the first Pokemon Bill caught was an Abra, after asking
what types of Pokemon I like or whatever.

So, here's my thinking... for the programmers to put that in the game, it
must either be really important or useless. What if one were to attach a Moo
Moo Milk to an Abra, and attempt to shove it at Bill (ie, put it first in
the party and talk to him)?

Also, phrase three might be the most interesting...

#3) Celio mentions Pallet Town, and then says that Bill and his family is
from Goldenrod. He then states that he wishes he could visit said city.

For all zero of you reading this that doesn't know, Goldenrod is in Johto,
and never mentioned before in FRLG. Seeing as the link machine is at "stage
2", could we expect the eventual remake of Gold and Silver (which also puts
a lot of effort into remaking the entire Kanto region), and have it tradable
with FRLG? Unless, of course, the GS remake would be for the GBA
successor...

--
-----------
Deep Thought

    These quotes are to define Bill in the Fame Checker.

    noone <noone@here.com> wrote:
    > These quotes are to define Bill in the Fame Checker.

    Ah, you must mean "the thing more useless than your old SS Ticket, and
    remains sitting in your key items forever".

    What exactly is the point of that anyway?

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    In article <%5n8d.449$Ua.111@trndny01>,
    DeepThought <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote:
    >noone <noone@here.com> wrote:
    >> These quotes are to define Bill in the Fame Checker.
    >
    >Ah, you must mean "the thing more useless than your old SS Ticket, and
    >remains sitting in your key items forever".
    >
    >What exactly is the point of that anyway?

    Hey, don't sweat it. Use the Select key to move the actual useful
    items in your key items up where you can get them easily.

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

    DeepThought wrote:

    > Ah, you must mean "the thing more useless than your old SS Ticket, and
    > remains sitting in your key items forever".
    >
    > What exactly is the point of that anyway?

    Not much. If you find all six pieces of information about
    a character, you can press Start and get a personal message from
    that person. No big deal, just something extra to collect I guess.

    On 5 Oct 2004, David Thornley wrote:
    > >> These quotes are to define Bill in the Fame Checker.
    > >
    > >Ah, you must mean "the thing more useless than your old SS Ticket, and
    > >remains sitting in your key items forever".
    > >
    > >What exactly is the point of that anyway?
    >
    > Hey, don't sweat it. Use the Select key to move the actual useful
    > items in your key items up where you can get them easily.

    They should've made it an opponent memory - Every time you link up and
    fight someone, their current team (well, those that make an appearance
    during the battle) gets recorded for you to be able to look at later, with
    their win/loss record as well. No real details, of course, since that'd
    require lots of data, but their name, boy/girl player icon, used 'mons with
    level probably wouldn't've been too much for the game to handle - especially
    if they hadn't put in that stupid Teachy TV. :)

    "regal" <regal@pokenegia.net> wrote in message
    >> Ah, you must mean "the thing more useless than your old SS Ticket, and
    >> remains sitting in your key items forever".
    >>
    >> What exactly is the point of that anyway?
    >
    > Not much. If you find all six pieces of information about
    > a character, you can press Start and get a personal message from
    > that person. No big deal, just something extra to collect I guess.

    If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    Chronomew.

    You need Mew from Emerald first, though.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 75

    "STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > "regal" <regal@pokenegia.net> wrote in message
    > >> Ah, you must mean "the thing more useless than your old SS Ticket, and
    > >> remains sitting in your key items forever".
    > >>
    > >> What exactly is the point of that anyway?
    > >
    > > Not much. If you find all six pieces of information about
    > > a character, you can press Start and get a personal message from
    > > that person. No big deal, just something extra to collect I guess.
    >
    > If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    > Chronomew.
    >
    > You need Mew from Emerald first, though.

    I bet this is how the Pikablu rumour started. I think that we all know you
    are joking, but there could be some new kid who isn't allowed to post yet
    and it reads a joke like this and now we will be inundated with Chronomew
    questions.

    Couldn't you have chosen an easier to spell fake poke?

    daramark
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
    > If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    > Chronomew.
    >
    > You need Mew from Emerald first, though.

    <flat>How amewsing.</flat>
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
    > If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    > Chronomew.
    >
    > You need Mew from Emerald first, though.

    I just beat the Elite Four for the 150th time in a row without healing and
    Oak told me I was cool and then he took me to a hidden room and took me to
    Charmander Garden, where you can catch level 100 wild Charmanders that can
    learn 17 moves each and when you use a fire stone evolve to MechaZard which
    is a steel/flying/fire type and knows an attack that never missed called
    MISSILE ATTAXORZ and that attack does three billion hitpoints damage to all
    the pokemon in the opponent's party and unlocks the direct connection to
    Nintendo to download free rare pokemon like Attack-I-Matic (with the
    one-of-a-kind ATOM BOMB item attachment) and Pika... umm... green, who knows
    a grass attack called POWER LEAF which lets you catch all of your opponents
    pokemon with a regular pokeball. Then if you beat the Elite Four again you
    get the ULTIMATE POKEDEX which lets you see pokemon all the way to #999,
    which is going to be in the next game called Pokemon Violet and Brown, and
    you start with poison and ground types instead of fire or grass or water.

    </1999>

    I swear I read a site like that.

    By the way, I still have a ton of Gmail invites if it strikes anyone's
    fancy.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    "STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > "regal" <regal@pokenegia.net> wrote in message
    > >> Ah, you must mean "the thing more useless than your old SS Ticket, and
    > >> remains sitting in your key items forever".
    > >>
    > >> What exactly is the point of that anyway?
    > >
    > > Not much. If you find all six pieces of information about
    > > a character, you can press Start and get a personal message from
    > > that person. No big deal, just something extra to collect I guess.
    >
    > If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    > Chronomew.
    >
    > You need Mew from Emerald first, though.

    Don't you need to beat the Elite Four 10 times using only a Level 5 Pikachu
    to get the keys to the Mew truck first?

    --
    -- Pokemon Trainer Mike in shortened form.

    Member of the BBB Junior Strike Force
    Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
    Full BBB Member Application forever lost in AGNP's space-time continuum

    Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
    http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
    Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
    (http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

    I have:

    1 I Love Mango's Point
    5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
    5 Binary Poster Points
    10 Jax Points
    15 Y2Tech Points
    20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
    25 WAM Points
    85 BBB Points
    10000 Pikachuumon Points

    150 Pokemon in my Blue version...
    150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...
    249 Pokemon in my Silver version...
    249 Pokemon in my Gold version...
    249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
    90 Pokemon in my Ruby version...
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    >> Chronomew.
    >>
    >> You need Mew from Emerald first, though.
    >
    > I bet this is how the Pikablu rumour started. I think that we all know
    > you
    > are joking, but there could be some new kid who isn't allowed to post yet
    > and it reads a joke like this and now we will be inundated with Chronomew
    > questions.
    >
    > Couldn't you have chosen an easier to spell fake poke?

    Actually, the Chronomew/Mist Stone rumour existed back in the Red/Blue days,
    just like the Pikablu rumours. I just thought I'd revive it for kicks.

    Mind you, if you invent a time machine and catch a Marill in FL, nicknaming
    it Pikablu, you could become the person who started the rumour in the first
    place.

    Don't get over-excited and take a Wynaut as well, though - Red/Blue kids
    aren't ready to learn of such a beast.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 86
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Pokemon Trainer Mike" <nogood@bogus.com> wrote in message
    >> If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    >> Chronomew.
    >>
    >> You need Mew from Emerald first, though.
    >
    > Don't you need to beat the Elite Four 10 times using only a Level 5
    > Pikachu
    > to get the keys to the Mew truck first?

    No truck in FL. It's moved to Emerald.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 101
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > "Pokemon Trainer Mike" <nogood@bogus.com> wrote in message
    > >> If you collect them all, you get the Mist Stone that evolves Mew into
    > >> Chronomew.
    > >>
    > >> You need Mew from Emerald first, though.
    > >
    > > Don't you need to beat the Elite Four 10 times using only a Level 5
    > > Pikachu
    > > to get the keys to the Mew truck first?
    >
    > No truck in FL. It's moved to Emerald.

    Ohhh, I must be thinking of the secret garden behind Bill's house. My bad.

    --
[...]

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >> > Don't you need to beat the Elite Four 10 times using only a Level 5
    >> > Pikachu to get the keys to the Mew truck first?
    >>
    >> No truck in FL. It's moved to Emerald.
    >
    > Ohhh, I must be thinking of the secret garden behind Bill's house. My
    > bad.

    Also gone from FL. The mountain must've moved a little bit.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?