CPU heat kills computer, memory?

Reo

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2004
I posted here a couple days ago with a heat problem, according to the BIOS the cpu temperature climbs really fast to 105 and kills the computer completely. The weird part is that I when I boot it always starts at ~60 C. Within 20 seconds the computer dies.
It was thought of to be a bad Mobo temperature sensor because it just started doing it.

My new question is could this possibly be a Ram problem? I was told the bios would normally beep like mad cow if the temperature gets high, but in my case it just shuts off. People have said that to be a memory problem.
Your ideas please?

If you have any ideas other than that, please post them. The heatsink is set correctly with thermal paste. The fan spins and all is good. It was working fine for about a month before this started. Nothing is overclocked, everything is set to run at standard voltages and speed.

mobo: 680i BFG (P24 bios update)
intel e6600
ddr2 4 gigs patriot ram.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Without having another system to test the ram, your pretty much stuck. Since you can not run the PC for what it allows (high temps) you couldn't run a test program for the ram.

To my understanding, if it was bad ram, they system would not either boot, or have intermediate problems when the system works, then screws up, or data being copied will become corrupted.

Only other thing is to take it to a local PC store and have it checked up on.

Or if you continue to try to fix it yourself, have you tried taking the MB out of the PC and installing the HSF?