Sign in with
Your question

Help! Mobo not getting any power!

Last response: in Overclocking
March 4, 2007 9:37:31 PM

So the title says it all! I recieved a biostar tforce4 sli and put it together.... amd opteron 2core, 7800gt, 1g corsair ddr400(2-512 sicks). So i put the whole thing together and install windows, update the drivers and windows updates the a few hours later the thing crashes! No power! wont turn on for anything. When power supply on I get the LED_5SB which means that system is ready for power on, but the 2nd LED_DIMM wont come on. I thought it might be my power supply since I am using an old 430W 20pin but when I replaced it with a 650W-24pin antec still the same thing, no power.
Any ideas?

More about : mobo power

March 5, 2007 12:26:29 AM

Quote:
So the title says it all! I recieved a biostar tforce4 sli and put it together.... amd opteron 2core, 7800gt, 1g corsair ddr400(2-512 sicks). So i put the whole thing together and install windows, update the drivers and windows updates the a few hours later the thing crashes! No power! wont turn on for anything. When power supply on I get the LED_5SB which means that system is ready for power on, but the 2nd LED_DIMM wont come on. I thought it might be my power supply since I am using an old 430W 20pin but when I replaced it with a 650W-24pin antec still the same thing, no power.
Any ideas?

Pull the mobo out of the case and plug everything in on a counter. You might be shorting the mobo to the case. If it works outside the case, youo'll need to do some serious inspecting to make sure you don't have an errant standoff still in the case.

Try resetting the CMOS. Couldn't hurt :wink:
March 5, 2007 2:10:38 AM

tried to pull out and start with just mobo, cpu and vga.... still nothing
Related resources
March 5, 2007 3:24:20 AM

Sounds like a fried CPU.
March 5, 2007 4:11:37 AM

Not sure, if it was a fryed cpu wouldnt the fans still come on? there is nothing at all
March 5, 2007 6:30:40 AM

cant be the psu... that is what I thought it was and bought the 650W today and put it in (I dont think the old psu failed) . still nothing...... RMA board time I guess. I will make sure it is functioning in the morning though...
!