ProStar laptops & portability

RockoBonaparte

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
I'm looking at ProStar as an extreme case of laptop candidatdes. The idea of having a 2Ghz Pentium 4 in a laptop would be quite nice. That and it seems to have great bang for the buck. I plan to use it at school, where I am always within close proximity to a power outlet. On the other hand, is there a problem with Noise from the fan by having a desktop CPU in a notebook?

I do not want to go through the embarassment of having to put away my laptop because it sounds like a jet engine during lectures.

iRonLung

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
that's 2 damn funnie. 2days in a row i've came to this forum with a question, and seen some1 beet me to the post.

Anywayz, i'm also a student who's looking for a performce laptop. My last toshiba has a geforce2 with a 3dmark2001 score of 2400 :(. I'm looking for something that would break 5500 3dmark2001 score. Anyone have a desktop P4 in a laptop?
Also, Good point about noise, my teachers wouldn't lecture if the fans are as loud as my 7000rpms' on my AXP.

iRon

http://www.powernotebooks.com/P4_Truth.php3

also...If i added a 2nd batter to the 2nd modular bay, i figure i'd get 3-3.5 hours battery life. Maybe?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iRonLung on 04/23/02 00:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>