Stop error on W2K Server

I have recently setup up a small network for a school
consisting of one W2K Server (sp4), 2 XP Professional
clients and 5 Windows 98 clients. There seems to be a
problem when starting clients on this network if the
Windows 98 clients are not started first. Basically I keep
getting a stop error as follows:

STOP: 0x000000D1 etc.,
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Which refers to the tcpip.sys file. I get this happen
intermittently whilst the system is running but it seems
to happen all the time whenever I start up a Windows 98
client if the XP clients are already running. Any ideas?

Regards.
Tom Burbury.
3 answers Last reply
More about stop error server

    Check the hardware manufacturer's web site for the latest Windows driver for
    your devices. Especially the NIC)

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Tom Burbury" wrote:
    |I have recently setup up a small network for a school
    | consisting of one W2K Server (sp4), 2 XP Professional
    | clients and 5 Windows 98 clients. There seems to be a
    | problem when starting clients on this network if the
    | Windows 98 clients are not started first. Basically I keep
    | getting a stop error as follows:
    |
    | STOP: 0x000000D1 etc.,
    | DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    |
    | Which refers to the tcpip.sys file. I get this happen
    | intermittently whilst the system is running but it seems
    | to happen all the time whenever I start up a Windows 98
    | client if the XP clients are already running. Any ideas?
    |
    | Regards.
    | Tom Burbury.

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    >"Tom Burbury" wrote:
    >|I have recently setup up a small network for a school
    >| consisting of one W2K Server (sp4), 2 XP Professional
    >| clients and 5 Windows 98 clients. There seems to be a
    >| problem when starting clients on this network if the
    >| Windows 98 clients are not started first. Basically I
    keep
    >| getting a stop error as follows:
    >|
    >| STOP: 0x000000D1 etc.,
    >| DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >|
    >| Which refers to the tcpip.sys file. I get this happen
    >| intermittently whilst the system is running but it seems
    >| to happen all the time whenever I start up a Windows 98
    >| client if the XP clients are already running. Any ideas?
    >|
    >| Regards.
    >| Tom Burbury.
    >

    >.
    >Thanks, I have done this and the system seems more stable
    at present so hopefully that has sorted it.

    Regards,
    Tom Burbury.

    Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.

    --

    "Tom Burbury" wrote:
    | >Thanks, I have done this and the system seems more stable
    | at present so hopefully that has sorted it.
    |
    | Regards,
    | Tom Burbury.

Windows 98 Stop Error Servers Windows