Quick noob ? Will this RAM work w/ P5N32-E SLI Plus MB?

Squad_Walker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
A buddy showed me the list & mine was not on it. My buddy told me that it's possible that the G. Skill is a newer RAM & that it may work & was just not out at the time of the list release.

So... any ideas?

dsidious

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
88 views & one answer... :?

Does no one really know, or do they just not care to help?

Sorry man, it is a tough question. I'd answer it if I had a clue about it.
My experience is that people in this forum do care to help. There are a few clowns who just start flame wars, but not that many.

Try looking at signatures in various messages, for example in the CPU forum. Anybody with a Striker Extreme or P5N32-E SLI who also lists their memory type may be able to tell you how that memory is working for them...

MarriedwMortgage

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
I am using G-skill N82E16820231087 which is 4-4-4-12 timings on a ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe mobo, and it works like a champ.

It's not the same set-up so I can't say what you want to get will work or not.

Squad_Walker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
Thank you guys! I'll check around see what I can dig up...

reason I ask is someone told me this is great RAM for the $... so, i ordered it along w/ the rest of my components for my new rig from Newegg & didn't realize at the time that certain rams won't work w/ certain boards even if it is DDR2800 & pc26400...

Everything gets delivered tomorrow.... I'm really excited, just want to know if that RAM will do ok. Thanks again.

keith97

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I have the sli plus and am using corsair 6400c4 no prob. long as u arent running 1gbx4 u are ok. there is a prob running all four slots full right now.

keith97

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I'm sure a bios update will be coming to address this. I have 4gb right now, U just have to down clock or oc ur mem to run it. I know it dosn't like 740-870mhz. Everything works fine with 3 gb though.

I am running mine at 875 right now even though mem doesn't like it that much..occ bsod with instant reboot then every things fine.
Kind of irritating

Squad_Walker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
Thanks for the tips. I've really tried looking at many different threads & did searches but could not find any more info. on this....

All my parts gets here tomorrow & I'm wondering whether or not I need to send the RAM back unopened (coming from newegg) & just go buy some approved RAM @ a local vendor... or, should I give it a shot & see how it goes.

So.... can anyone tell me if they know if only the RAM that will work with the MB is the RAM that's listed on the QVL list for the the motherboard???

There is no way to know by just looking at specs? It's supposed to be non-ECC & unbuffered & it is.

RAM specs (click on the F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK link):

http://www.gskill.com/indexen.html

Motherboard specs:

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1567&l1=3&l2=11&l3=495

QVL list:

http://usa.asus.com/100/download/products/1459/1459_10.pdf

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about PC's, but I'm still not sure how the clock timing for RAM work exactly... would this have to do with compatibility?

Any other ideas on how to find out? Thanks...

Squad_Walker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I sent an e-mail to ASUS & they had told me to contact G. Skill. G. Skill replied (promtly!) & said the RAM has been tested with that motherboard & it DOES work!!!

(in case anyone's interested... :wink: )

Thanks to those who replied!

Squad_Walker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
It went off w/o a hitch! :D I LOVE my pc. :D

I have yet to try any OC or tweaking w/ the settings but will give it a go here soon. Will report any findings I get.

methimpikehoses

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Good work. I was thinking about buying this board, but I have 4gb RAM to put in it (G skill F2- 6400CL4D) and have not read anything good about 4gb Ram in it.

Can't decide if I should just stick with my p5b-e, even though it has some weird boot issues that annoy me.

leroy_101

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Iv just got the Asus P5N32-E SLI and am buying Kingston 2048MB DDR2-800 Hyper-X to go with it! Thanks for the QVO, i was not sure the board supports it, but now all is good! The lastest Bios 0903 has just been released and i hear it fixes many problems! Iv seen forums where guys are running 4GB of mem on the board with no issues! I will keep u posted on ho it goes! Thanks for this forum!!!