Any date for Emerald?

Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?

Wow. I was thinking about getting Ruby to keep working on my pokedex (I
already have Sapphire), but I figured I could just wait for Emerald.
But if it's that far away, I might as well go ahead and get Ruby.
There's no chance of it coming earlier? Why would it take that long?

Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

> Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?

Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging to
Nintendo?

Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
>
>> Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?
>
> Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
> to Nintendo?

That was Diamond.

http://serebii.net/emerald/

Basically the Crystal for R/S

--
-----------
Deep Thought

What about the uk?
"Matt" <winkstwo@sssnet.com> wrote in message

> "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
>> Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

>>> Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
>>> to Nintendo?
>>
>> That was Diamond.
>>
>> http://serebii.net/emerald/
>>
>> Basically the Crystal for R/S
>>
>> --
>> -----------
>> Deep Thought
>> -----------
>> Erase the Earth
>> to g-mail me.
>>

> At best, some time in late May/early June 2005
> At worst, some time in late Sept/early Oct. 2005
>
> Signed
> Dr. Thinker

---

afish wrote:
> http://serebii.net/Banner.jpg
>
> Deoxys is on the far right, but I don't recognize the other one. I
> really need to finish up Sapphire's 'Dex some day...

Hmm, I'm still not seeing an image/banner. Maybe my browser is blocking it.

"cophew" <cophew@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> What about the uk?

There's no telling. We had to wait about six months for RS, but only a
couple of weeks for FL.

My guess would be that Emerald will be somewhere in between. It depends,
though, on the extent to which Nintendo believe this is truly a Brand New
Game. They never really marketed Yellow and Crystal as such, but they seem
to be implying that that's how they view Emerald.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 101

Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

> Wow. I was thinking about getting Ruby to keep working on my pokedex
> (I already have Sapphire), but I figured I could just wait for
> Emerald. But if it's that far away, I might as well go ahead and get
> Ruby. There's no chance of it coming earlier? Why would it take that
> long?

Chances are that you'll need both Ruby and Sapphire to complete the Pokedex
anyway. This seems like Crystal and Yellow. Nothing really new, just a few
fatures maybe. They always seem to do this.

Chriz wrote:
> Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
>

>>Wow. I was thinking about getting Ruby to keep working on my pokedex
>>(I already have Sapphire), but I figured I could just wait for
>>Emerald. But if it's that far away, I might as well go ahead and get
>>Ruby. There's no chance of it coming earlier? Why would it take that
>>long?
>

> Chances are that you'll need both Ruby and Sapphire to complete the Pokedex
> anyway. This seems like Crystal and Yellow. Nothing really new, just a few
> fatures maybe. They always seem to do this.

Well, one big reason for wanting to get Ruby was to get all the
starters, plus Groudon, which Emerald will have as well. Between Ruby
and Emerald, I would choose Em, since it's at least somewhat different
than R/S.

Does anyone know if it has the fonts and pokedex of FR/LG? I find those
better than R/S.

Once upon a time DeepThought decided to write:

> Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
>>
>>> Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?
>>
>> Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
>> to Nintendo?
>
> That was Diamond.
>
> http://serebii.net/emerald/

Who are those two strange Pokémon on the top right of the banner on the
site?

Chriz wrote:
> Once upon a time DeepThought decided to write:
>

>>Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

>>>Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
>>>to Nintendo?
>>
>>That was Diamond.
>>
>>http://serebii.net/emerald/
>

> Who are those two strange Pokémon on the top right of the banner on the
> site?

Where?

Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

> afish wrote:
>> http://serebii.net/Banner.jpg
>>
>> Deoxys is on the far right, but I don't recognize the other one. I
>> really need to finish up Sapphire's 'Dex some day...
>>
> Hmm, I'm still not seeing an image/banner. Maybe my browser is
> blocking it.

On the web page at the top is the title of the page. The Pokémon there are
Celebi and Snorlax on the left of the title. On the right is an unknown
Pokémon (is it just a made up one by a fan?) and a Deoxys (as we have just
been told).

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On the right is an unknown Pokémon (is it just a made up one by a fan?)

It's a baby Snorlax, believed to be named Gonbe or Gombe. It's one of the
hype-up-the-next-gen-by-sticking-new-mon-in-anime Pokémon, like Marill and
Snubbull, and later Kecleon and Wynaut.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 101

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,tnn.games.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

Once upon a time STEFFAN HEDD ALUN decided to write:

> "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On the right is an unknown Pokémon (is it just a made up one by a
>> fan?)
>
> It's a baby Snorlax, believed to be named Gonbe or Gombe. It's one
> of the hype-up-the-next-gen-by-sticking-new-mon-in-anime Pokémon,
> like Marill and Snubbull, and later Kecleon and Wynaut.

So that's not in any of the currecnt games, only the TV show previewing more
to come? I don't mind more (I wonder how long they'll stretch that idea out)
as long as they look good and they have cool new and strange dual types.
Some of the R/S ones were a bit of a disappointment.

>> It's a baby Snorlax, believed to be named Gonbe or Gombe. It's one
>> of the hype-up-the-next-gen-by-sticking-new-mon-in-anime Pokémon,
>> like Marill and Snubbull, and later Kecleon and Wynaut.
>
> So that's not in any of the currecnt games, only the TV show previewing
> more to come?

Correct. I believe it's in the short cute-fest that preludes the latest
Japanese movie.

> I don't mind more (I wonder how long they'll stretch that idea out)

Until the end of time, I assume. Nobody wants to Catch 'Em All again in a
brand new game if 'Em All is the same 'Em All that was in the last wave. We
need extra Pokémon to catch.

> as long as they look good and they have cool new and strange dual types.
> Some of the R/S ones were a bit of a disappointment.

Depends on why you enjoy the games. I like the collection aspect of it, so
I'll eventually - and possibly grudgingly - even catch the awful ones.

Feebass can die, by the way.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 104

"STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Depends on why you enjoy the games. I like the collection aspect of it,
so
> I'll eventually - and possibly grudgingly - even catch the awful ones.
>
> Feebass can die, by the way.

Feebass isn't so bad. It just hides 'cause it knows it got a _big_ hit with
the ugly stick. And it evolves into a Sea Slug (basically). Their more
technical name is kinda nice but hard to spell, and they are very colourful,
and so is Milotic.

daramark -----> who also likes the collection aspect of the games.