Any date for Emerald?

Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?
16 answers Last reply
More about date emerald

    Wow. I was thinking about getting Ruby to keep working on my pokedex (I
    already have Sapphire), but I figured I could just wait for Emerald.
    But if it's that far away, I might as well go ahead and get Ruby.
    There's no chance of it coming earlier? Why would it take that long?

    Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

    > Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?

    Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging to
    Nintendo?

    Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
    >
    >> Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?
    >
    > Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
    > to Nintendo?

    That was Diamond.

    http://serebii.net/emerald/

    Basically the Crystal for R/S

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    What about the uk?
    "Matt" <winkstwo@sssnet.com> wrote in message

    > "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
    >> Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>> Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

    >>> Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
    >>> to Nintendo?
    >>
    >> That was Diamond.
    >>
    >> http://serebii.net/emerald/
    >>
    >> Basically the Crystal for R/S
    >>
    >> --
    >> -----------
    >> Deep Thought
    >> -----------
    >> Erase the Earth
    >> to g-mail me.
    >>

    > At best, some time in late May/early June 2005
    > At worst, some time in late Sept/early Oct. 2005
    >
    > Signed
    > Dr. Thinker

    ---

    http://serebii.net/Banner.jpg

    Deoxys is on the far right, but I don't recognize the other one. I
    really need to finish up Sapphire's 'Dex some day...

    afish wrote:
    > http://serebii.net/Banner.jpg
    >
    > Deoxys is on the far right, but I don't recognize the other one. I
    > really need to finish up Sapphire's 'Dex some day...

    Hmm, I'm still not seeing an image/banner. Maybe my browser is blocking it.

    "cophew" <cophew@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > What about the uk?

    There's no telling. We had to wait about six months for RS, but only a
    couple of weeks for FL.

    My guess would be that Emerald will be somewhere in between. It depends,
    though, on the extent to which Nintendo believe this is truly a Brand New
    Game. They never really marketed Yellow and Crystal as such, but they seem
    to be implying that that's how they view Emerald.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 101
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

    > Wow. I was thinking about getting Ruby to keep working on my pokedex
    > (I already have Sapphire), but I figured I could just wait for
    > Emerald. But if it's that far away, I might as well go ahead and get
    > Ruby. There's no chance of it coming earlier? Why would it take that
    > long?

    Chances are that you'll need both Ruby and Sapphire to complete the Pokedex
    anyway. This seems like Crystal and Yellow. Nothing really new, just a few
    fatures maybe. They always seem to do this.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Chriz wrote:
    > Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
    >

    >>Wow. I was thinking about getting Ruby to keep working on my pokedex
    >>(I already have Sapphire), but I figured I could just wait for
    >>Emerald. But if it's that far away, I might as well go ahead and get
    >>Ruby. There's no chance of it coming earlier? Why would it take that
    >>long?
    >

    > Chances are that you'll need both Ruby and Sapphire to complete the Pokedex
    > anyway. This seems like Crystal and Yellow. Nothing really new, just a few
    > fatures maybe. They always seem to do this.

    Well, one big reason for wanting to get Ruby was to get all the
    starters, plus Groudon, which Emerald will have as well. Between Ruby
    and Emerald, I would choose Em, since it's at least somewhat different
    than R/S.

    Does anyone know if it has the fonts and pokedex of FR/LG? I find those
    better than R/S.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time DeepThought decided to write:

    > Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >> Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have any idea when/if Emerald will come out in the US?
    >>
    >> Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
    >> to Nintendo?
    >
    > That was Diamond.
    >
    > http://serebii.net/emerald/

    Who are those two strange Pokémon on the top right of the banner on the
    site?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Chriz wrote:
    > Once upon a time DeepThought decided to write:
    >

    >>Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

    >>>Wasn't emerald just a fake game created by some people not belonging
    >>>to Nintendo?
    >>
    >>That was Diamond.
    >>
    >>http://serebii.net/emerald/
    >

    > Who are those two strange Pokémon on the top right of the banner on the
    > site?

    Where?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time John Salerno decided to write:

    > afish wrote:
    >> http://serebii.net/Banner.jpg
    >>
    >> Deoxys is on the far right, but I don't recognize the other one. I
    >> really need to finish up Sapphire's 'Dex some day...
    >>
    > Hmm, I'm still not seeing an image/banner. Maybe my browser is
    > blocking it.

    On the web page at the top is the title of the page. The Pokémon there are
    Celebi and Snorlax on the left of the title. On the right is an unknown
    Pokémon (is it just a made up one by a fan?) and a Deoxys (as we have just
    been told).
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On the right is an unknown Pokémon (is it just a made up one by a fan?)

    It's a baby Snorlax, believed to be named Gonbe or Gombe. It's one of the
    hype-up-the-next-gen-by-sticking-new-mon-in-anime Pokémon, like Marill and
    Snubbull, and later Kecleon and Wynaut.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 101
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,tnn.games.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time STEFFAN HEDD ALUN decided to write:

    > "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On the right is an unknown Pokémon (is it just a made up one by a
    >> fan?)
    >
    > It's a baby Snorlax, believed to be named Gonbe or Gombe. It's one
    > of the hype-up-the-next-gen-by-sticking-new-mon-in-anime Pokémon,
    > like Marill and Snubbull, and later Kecleon and Wynaut.

    So that's not in any of the currecnt games, only the TV show previewing more
    to come? I don't mind more (I wonder how long they'll stretch that idea out)
    as long as they look good and they have cool new and strange dual types.
    Some of the R/S ones were a bit of a disappointment.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,tnn.games.pokemon,alt.games.pokemon (More info?)

    >> It's a baby Snorlax, believed to be named Gonbe or Gombe. It's one
    >> of the hype-up-the-next-gen-by-sticking-new-mon-in-anime Pokémon,
    >> like Marill and Snubbull, and later Kecleon and Wynaut.
    >
    > So that's not in any of the currecnt games, only the TV show previewing
    > more to come?

    Correct. I believe it's in the short cute-fest that preludes the latest
    Japanese movie.

    > I don't mind more (I wonder how long they'll stretch that idea out)

    Until the end of time, I assume. Nobody wants to Catch 'Em All again in a
    brand new game if 'Em All is the same 'Em All that was in the last wave. We
    need extra Pokémon to catch.

    > as long as they look good and they have cool new and strange dual types.
    > Some of the R/S ones were a bit of a disappointment.

    Depends on why you enjoy the games. I like the collection aspect of it, so
    I'll eventually - and possibly grudgingly - even catch the awful ones.

    Feebass can die, by the way.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 104
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message

    > Depends on why you enjoy the games. I like the collection aspect of it,
    so
    > I'll eventually - and possibly grudgingly - even catch the awful ones.
    >
    > Feebass can die, by the way.

    Feebass isn't so bad. It just hides 'cause it knows it got a _big_ hit with
    the ugly stick. And it evolves into a Sea Slug (basically). Their more
    technical name is kinda nice but hard to spell, and they are very colourful,
    and so is Milotic.

    daramark -----> who also likes the collection aspect of the games.

Games Nintendo Video Games