Language Settings

Hi Friends,

Is it possible to set up Korean Windows XP Home Edition into PURE English
Environment ? How to do?

---
Thanks,
Mahie.
6 answers Last reply
More about language settings

    No. English can morph languages but not non english versions.

    "Mahie" <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27F85EF5-32DB-4D76-8905-30D061164618@microsoft.com...
    > Hi Friends,
    >
    > Is it possible to set up Korean Windows XP Home Edition into PURE English
    > Environment ? How to do?
    >

    > ---
    > Thanks,
    > Mahie.

    Thanks David for your reply,

    So now should i go(Install) for new English version Win XP.
    --
    Thanks,
    Mahie.

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > No. English can morph languages but not non english versions.

    > "Mahie" <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27F85EF5-32DB-4D76-8905-30D061164618@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi Friends,
    > >
    > > Is it possible to set up Korean Windows XP Home Edition into PURE English
    > > Environment ? How to do?
    > >

    > > ---
    > > Thanks,
    > > Mahie.

    Mahie,

    You will need to purchase a Korean edition of Windows XP if you want the
    entire interface to be in Korean Language (including Start button etc).

    But if you just need to type and use some Korean language programs, you can
    just insatll the East Asian Language pack, under Control Panel > Regional
    and Language Options > Languages > Check "Install Files for East Asian
    languages". I got mine setup like this as I need to input Chinese and
    Japanese characters.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Jabez Gan
    Give me a chance, Let me help you!

    "Mahie" <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Friends,
    >
    > Is it possible to set up Korean Windows XP Home Edition into PURE English
    > Environment ? How to do?
    >

    > ---
    > Thanks,
    > Mahie.

    Hi Jabez,

    I am sorry you didnt mean my needs,

    I shall explain you again...ok.

    I have desktop pc with Korean Win XP Home Edition, and it works fine showing
    entire letters in korean language, since i dont know that language i wanted
    it to set in English environment.

    Thats y i have posted here to know whther is it possible to change Korean XP
    Home edition into English display letters from the start button ...etc..

    If it is not possible then should i install english version Win XP.

    -----

    Thanks,
    Mahie.

    "Jabez Gan" wrote:

    > Mahie,
    >
    > You will need to purchase a Korean edition of Windows XP if you want the
    > entire interface to be in Korean Language (including Start button etc).
    >
    > But if you just need to type and use some Korean language programs, you can
    > just insatll the East Asian Language pack, under Control Panel > Regional
    > and Language Options > Languages > Check "Install Files for East Asian
    > languages". I got mine setup like this as I need to input Chinese and
    > Japanese characters.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > --
    > Jabez Gan
    > Give me a chance, Let me help you!
    > http://www.blizhosting.com
    >

    > "Mahie" <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Friends,
    > >
    > > Is it possible to set up Korean Windows XP Home Edition into PURE English
    > > Environment ? How to do?
    > >

    > > ---
    > > Thanks,
    > > Mahie.

    Only if you are a large company as MS won't sell you the Korean language files to morph the english versions.

    "Mahie" <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:785B3819-8405-47DF-8CF5-99CE967EFC49@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks David for your reply,
    >
    > So now should i go(Install) for new English version Win XP.
    > --
    > Thanks,
    > Mahie.
    >
    > "David Candy" wrote:
    >
    >> No. English can morph languages but not non english versions.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> "Mahie" <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27F85EF5-32DB-4D76-8905-30D061164618@microsoft.com...
    >> > Hi Friends,
    >> >
    >> > Is it possible to set up Korean Windows XP Home Edition into PURE English
    >> > Environment ? How to do?
    >> >

    >> > ---
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Mahie.

    Mahie,

    Sorry for misunderstanding.

    You will need to repurchase a full version of English Windows XP. You cannot
    upgrade from a Korean version to an English Windows XP.

    After purchasing the english version, do a complete clean installation.

    Hope this helps.

    --

    > Hi Jabez,
    >
    > I am sorry you didnt mean my needs,
    >
    > I shall explain you again...ok.
    >
    > I have desktop pc with Korean Win XP Home Edition, and it works fine
    > showing
    > entire letters in korean language, since i dont know that language i
    > wanted
    > it to set in English environment.
    >
    > Thats y i have posted here to know whther is it possible to change Korean
    > XP
    > Home edition into English display letters from the start button ...etc..
    >
    > If it is not possible then should i install english version Win XP.
    >
    > -----
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mahie.
    >

    > "Jabez Gan" wrote:
    >
    >> Mahie,
    >>
    >> You will need to purchase a Korean edition of Windows XP if you want the
    >> entire interface to be in Korean Language (including Start button etc).
    >>
    >> But if you just need to type and use some Korean language programs, you
    >> can
    >> just insatll the East Asian Language pack, under Control Panel > Regional
    >> and Language Options > Languages > Check "Install Files for East Asian
    >> languages". I got mine setup like this as I need to input Chinese and
    >> Japanese characters.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jabez Gan
    >> Give me a chance, Let me help you!
    >> http://www.blizhosting.com
    >>

    >> "Mahie" <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi Friends,
    >> >
    >> > Is it possible to set up Korean Windows XP Home Edition into PURE
    >> > English
    >> > Environment ? How to do?
    >> >

    >> > ---
    >> > Thanks,