aggress

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Hello to everyone, I'm a newbie here

I've a boot problem about my new system, when the system is fresh boot, everything's fine, can boot with CD or go to windows. But when i shutdown my computer, the system shutdown properly, power LED goes off, when I press the power button to start up again, the motherboard and CPU fan will on for about 2 seconds then whole system turn off, after a few seconds, the CPU fan and motherboard will on for 2 seconds again. These ON and OFF sequence repeat again and again, nothing on the screen and the system never boot up. Then I switch OFF the PSU and ON again, the system boot but prompt me "Overclock fail". I go to CMOS, do nothing, just save and EXIT, then the system boot up properly.

Now every time I shutdown my computer, I have to turn OFF the PSU as well to ensure next boot can go smooth. Anyone have this problem? Any suggestion? I've email to ASUS last week, but no response.

my config
Intel E6300
ASUS P5B
Super talent DDR-667 1G x2
HIS X550 PCI-e
Seventeam 420W PSU

(I've tried a Antec PSU, but same result)

aggress

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets.

All RAM setting is now using AUTO, my 2x1G DDR2 is SuperTalent 667M
any suggestion on the RAM setting?

actually I've try to use 2.0V and 2.1V on memory voltage, but still can't help