Do you recomend a paid tech support/ hardware support plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcotu

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
am a newbie to having to deal with hardware/software problems.

Now I just bought a computer from Best Buy, got Geek Squad & am very disappointed with them. They have had me haul my desktop back 3 times in my first 6 days, and wanted to do it some more. ALL these time *completely* unnecessarily. needed DVI cable instead of VGA could've done that WITHOUT constantly having me haul desktop in!!! But that was their first answer to ANYTHING--bring in desktop & monitor.

Anyway, is there a hardware &/or software support service that anyone out there would recommend.
I have read that Geek Squad are incompetent & they are trained to sell you more stuff instead of fixing the problem.

I have an Asus. Supposedly reliable. How likely is it that I would need hardware support in the next 2 years?
$169 covers 2 years hardware & 1 year software support. Is it worth it?
Is there some other software or hardware support plan you would recommend?

pcotu

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011

do you think keeping Geek Squad is better than nothing,
or just pay $$$ if and when a problem occurs that I can't fix?

alphonsohens1230

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I have had so many troubles with geek squad. I had to take my PC back so many times wasted time and money. I found this great company on the web that has a very affordable rate on tech support and they are quick reliable they know computers and fix anything and everything on the spot. Best of all I can have them do the work while I am at home or at the office since they can connect to me remotely. I highly encourage you give them a call or chat. Their website is at the bottom.

Good Luck with your PC troubles.

http://www.driverissue.com

Status
Not open for further replies.