Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Do you recomend a paid tech support/ hardware support plan?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
June 24, 2011 7:22:53 AM

am a newbie to having to deal with hardware/software problems.

Now I just bought a computer from Best Buy, got Geek Squad & am very disappointed with them. They have had me haul my desktop back 3 times in my first 6 days, and wanted to do it some more. ALL these time *completely* unnecessarily. needed DVI cable instead of VGA could've done that WITHOUT constantly having me haul desktop in!!! But that was their first answer to ANYTHING--bring in desktop & monitor.

Anyway, is there a hardware &/or software support service that anyone out there would recommend.
I have read that Geek Squad are incompetent & they are trained to sell you more stuff instead of fixing the problem.

I have an Asus. Supposedly reliable. How likely is it that I would need hardware support in the next 2 years?
$169 covers 2 years hardware & 1 year software support. Is it worth it?
Is there some other software or hardware support plan you would recommend?
June 24, 2011 7:35:43 AM

Quote:
Anyway, is there a hardware &/or software support service that anyone out there would recommend

No. Any other troubleshooting questions I can help you with?
June 24, 2011 7:52:27 AM

pcotu said:
am a newbie to having to deal with hardware/software problems.

Now I just bought a computer from Best Buy, got Geek Squad & am very disappointed with them. They have had me haul my desktop back 3 times in my first 6 days, and wanted to do it some more. ALL these time *completely* unnecessarily. needed DVI cable instead of VGA could've done that WITHOUT constantly having me haul desktop in!!! But that was their first answer to ANYTHING--bring in desktop & monitor.

Anyway, is there a hardware &/or software support service that anyone out there would recommend.
I have read that Geek Squad are incompetent & they are trained to sell you more stuff instead of fixing the problem.

I have an Asus. Supposedly reliable. How likely is it that I would need hardware support in the next 2 years?
$169 covers 2 years hardware & 1 year software support. Is it worth it?
Is there some other software or hardware support plan you would recommend?

do you think keeping Geek Squad is better than nothing,
or just pay $$$ if and when a problem occurs that I can't fix?
Related resources
June 24, 2011 1:40:24 PM

Get to know one of the techs there. Ask if he does repair and troubleshooting on the side. Pay him with beer.
May 30, 2012 1:27:13 AM

I have had so many troubles with geek squad. I had to take my PC back so many times wasted time and money. I found this great company on the web that has a very affordable rate on tech support and they are quick reliable they know computers and fix anything and everything on the spot. Best of all I can have them do the work while I am at home or at the office since they can connect to me remotely. I highly encourage you give them a call or chat. Their website is at the bottom.

Good Luck with your PC troubles.

May 30, 2012 6:17:00 AM

This topic has been closed by Jimmysmitty
!