Sign in with
Your question

need help one core reading on my new opty 170

Last response: in Overclocking
March 5, 2007 6:02:15 AM

I have a dfi sli-d motherboard and just replaced my 3700+ with a opteron 170 and it seems like it's only reading one core. I did a fresh install of windows xp pro and it doesn't recognize the processor. It just says amd hammer family processor. I should have the latest bios update for this motherboard or do you think I should try and update the bios again. Considering going a couple steps up in motherboard model as I'm probably going to throw another system together with the 3700 in it. I think originally this board only handled single cores when it first came out. I already know my stepping isn't the greatest, but it's at 2.64ghz right now. Temps aren't bad either, idles at 33'C for the time being. Any help would be much appreciated. Has anyone else had this problem?

More about : core reading opty 170

March 5, 2007 6:55:24 AM

Well, if you're talking about the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D then yeah, you should be able to use dual core. This link is BIOS updates for that motherboard... If that is not your motherboard my bad lol :lol: 
March 7, 2007 4:33:29 AM

Yeah, I thought I had the bios that would read the dual core. I just updated the bios and now it reads everything. Thanks for you help.
!