Reinstall Hangs Up

Okay my computer crashed then wouldn't recognize my sound
cards drivers. It saw the sound card but said the drivers
weren't right, downloaded new drivers same effect..

So I went to the Win2k Pro CD and clicked the Upgrade
Option Install. I already had Win2k Pro on it though. I
was just trying to get the system files refreshed.

Well everything is fine it reboots, things are running
smoothly.. then it gets to a final stage where it needs to
"Registure Components" and there is sits.. The CD no
longer has any activity it plain stalls. I restarted it
goes back into install mode starts over and then hangs on
the same spot. I let it hang for 6 hours hoping maybe it
was just working slow or something. But nothing. The mouse
is still functional so it's not locked up.

Now I can't get anything but the reinstall to boot up..
Anyway of saving my data? Thank you for any help you can
provide.

You can recover your data from a parallel install of Windows 2000

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]